What does your bully do when alone

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
On days Tipsy is at home alone, she sleeps on my bed and hardly moves for hours. She doesn't eat or drink much either. I set up my laptop as webcam a few times and checked in on her from time to time and hardly any movements...lol. But when I get home she's all running around, eats and drinks as usual. Is this typical for bullies to go into "hibernation" mode while no one is home?

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Kain is in his Kennel from 8:30am to 11:30am, 1:00pm to 3:30pm during supper time and at night from 9:30pm to 6:30am on a typical schedule. If someone isn't home etc it will be a bit longer on the daytime schedule but when no one is home he's sleeps in his kennel, pretty limited options :)

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Nigel and Karly are in their kennels when no one is home. They need constant supervision when out and about the house. I don't have a nanny cam but I leave them with their favorite toys so that they can play in their kennels. As soon as we get home they come out and lay about the house with mama. When it's time for bed they'll go sleep in their kennels. I'm tempted to sleep with them in my bed but they don't settle down and if I try to sleep with Nigel I feel bad cause Karly's in her kennel alone. He won't settle in to sleep either and he'll whine for me to take him to his bed. They are very well trained so I keep them on their schedule.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
For us YES very normal. When Cutty and Mugsy were young they got into trouble together but now that they have outgrown that phase they sleep the whole time we are gone. I mainly know this because they NEVER eat or drink while we are away. I used to free feed and the food was always just as I left it, but dang did they make up for it when we got home. lol

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Yup Gio and Diva will just snooze on the couch together while we aren't home. They are rarely left alone and if they are it's for no more then 2 hours.

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
We have had Sarge only a month and we can go 2 or 3 hours with him alone unattended, he has the run of the house when were gone and does fine, already he is well adjusted. When we get home its like he hasnt seen us for a month. He is a good boy and we love him very much.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Frank gets put into a little area and he just sleeps. Never eats or drinks either. And he definitely makes up for it when we get home! I love the term "bullie hibernation mode"! :lol:

I

ImAGuinneyPig

Yes, Guinness is the same. I will find her in the same spot every single day: sleeping on the edge of the couch where she can see the front door. I do think she plays with her toys sometimes. as they will be strewn about the house in different spots then when I left. And she does drink some.

It would be interesting to set up a camera and see exatly what she does do though! :detective2:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Usko sleeps the whole day. I work from home a lot and when I'm at home he probably sleeps a bit less, but i don't see him doing anything but sleep when we're away.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well..Jake leads two lives. The innocent..don't mind me..I sleep all day life. And the REAL one..the if it isn't locked up behind closed doors..I will EAT it life! Unfortunately, it took us many sleepless nights, while he barfed up his "secrets" to fully understand his double life..:cursing: and I might add, we still haven't fully identified some of his "treats".

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
i don't know what he does all day. He spends the day in his x-pen and his dog walker comes at noon to let him out. Everytime I open the door he sits up and stretches so I assume he sleeps most of the time.
@JAKEISGREAT I have pulled some funky "stuff" out of Watson's butthole when I see him straining.

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
ollie and ivy always sleep. sometimes they sneak upstairs and get into bed without us, little sneakies.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
i don't know what he does all day. He spends the day in his x-pen and his dog walker comes at noon to let him out. Everytime I open the door he sits up and stretches so I assume he sleeps most of the time.
@JAKEISGREAT I have pulled some funky "stuff" out of Watson's butthole when I see him straining.

:ROFL: ohh yes! My hubby will never get over having to pull a big chunk of pillow sham out of Jakes rear..on a walk with MANY witnesses.. There was a cloud of :cursing: following them home that day! :laugh:

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
:ROFL: ohh yes! My hubby will never get over having to pull a big chunk of pillow sham out of Jakes rear..on a walk with MANY witnesses.. There was a cloud of :cursing: following them home that day! :laugh:

I did that a couple of months ago after he chewed up his bedding. then a couple of days ago i saw he was straining which he never does and I saw something white coming out so I pulled it out. It was a whole piece of paper folded up that I took some notes on and he swallowed it whole. Who knows what else is in that tummy of his :confused:? He must be sneaky with these things when I cam busy surfing on EBN:cursing:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I did that a couple of months ago after he chewed up his bedding. then a couple of days ago i saw he was straining which he never does and I saw something white coming out so I pulled it out. It was a whole piece of paper folded up that I took some notes on and he swallowed it whole. Who knows what else is in that tummy of his :confused:? He must be sneaky with these things when I cam busy surfing on EBN:cursing:

:laugh: amazing isn't it! The old dog ate my work story!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online