English or Olde Englsih?

XxDuhItsPinkxX

Apr 30, 2012
Reading, Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock
00000.jpg247224_205169282851693_100000758684812_493653_5881257_n.jpg383832_145681455532263_100002712278482_156998_525460026_n.jpg391205_145681485532260_100002712278482_156999_1254800606_n.jpg

Hey guys new to the forum and first English Bulldog. Just curious. I am sure it is asked often. But they look so much the same to me. This is Brock. We adopted him about a year ago and 18 months old. He had papers but we didnt want them because we didn't plan on breeding him and had him neutered. He weighs in at about 65 pounds. And I am not sure how tall he is :c I also noticed he is a little "nosey". When I go to petsmart or the dog park with him people are always telling me he is a huge boy. So I was curious, because all the other english bullies are some what smaller. Either way I love my Brockers.

Also the tear stains in the last three pics are gone. The people who had him before us fed him Iams, we switched his food and gave him filtered water and they went away over time (:

OP
XxDuhItsPinkxX

XxDuhItsPinkxX

Apr 30, 2012
Reading, Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock
Thank you [MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION]. I thought he might be an OEB because his snout is a little longer. I found online that he could be what people call "nosey" too.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
there are some bulldogs with a little bit of a longer snout. They tend to have less breathing problems. He doesn't look too nosey to me. How much does he weigh. He looks like a big boy. Watson is about 60lbs and he is almost 1 years old

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:hiya: and :welcome: to EBN. Brock is a good looking boy. He looks all English to me too. I'm no OEB expert but I belive they have quite a bit longer legs (someone correct me if I'm wrong please). Glad you found our site. Enjoy, poke around and post lots and lots of pictures, we like those! :up:

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
:hiya: and :welcome: to EBN. Brock is a good looking boy. He looks all English to me too. I'm no OEB expert but I belive they have quite a bit longer legs (someone correct me if I'm wrong please). Glad you found our site. Enjoy, poke around and post lots and lots of pictures, we like those! :up:
you're right they are taller. this also gives them a leaner appearance sometimes. he just looks like a ig english boy to me

OP
XxDuhItsPinkxX

XxDuhItsPinkxX

Apr 30, 2012
Reading, Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock
[MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION]. He is about 69 pounds. Yeah when we had him at the vet she said his nose is good and he has no soft pallet issues or anything like that. Still snores like crazy though ^^ but I love it.

[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]. Thank youuu. I think everyone elses are gorgeous too. And I like the site already ^^ && I have tons of pictures to post. Lol.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
XxDuhItsPinkxX;185886@[U said:
JeannieCO[/U]. Thank youuu. I think everyone elses are gorgeous too. And I like the site already ^^ && I have tons of pictures to post. Lol.
Good to hear. Not sure how much poking around you've done already but we have two area to put pictures, regular and themed. Looking forward to seeing more of Brock. :)

OP
XxDuhItsPinkxX

XxDuhItsPinkxX

Apr 30, 2012
Reading, Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock
you're right they are taller. this also gives them a leaner appearance sometimes. he just looks like a ig english boy to me

Okay. Thanks. In the picture of him standing his legs are a tad longer, just the angle I took the picture, but in the one sitting I suppose you can see how long his front legs are. Lol ^^;

OP
XxDuhItsPinkxX

XxDuhItsPinkxX

Apr 30, 2012
Reading, Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock
Good to hear. Not sure how much poking around you've done already but we have two area to put pictures, regular and themed. Looking forward to seeing more of Brock. :)

I did some. I looked at some topics for food ( to see which is healthiest etc etc ) I will do that (:

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
He looks all english to me too! He is a beautiful boy :) If you check out my album you can see Tank, he doesn't have as compact of a snout as some bullies either. Welcome to EBN by the way!

OP
XxDuhItsPinkxX

XxDuhItsPinkxX

Apr 30, 2012
Reading, Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock
He looks all english to me too! He is a beautiful boy :) If you check out my album you can see Tank, he doesn't have as compact of a snout as some bullies either. Welcome to EBN by the way!

Oh okay. Cool. Thank you. I didn't know it was a usual thing. I really havent seen many bullies with the longer snout. I have seen the flatter faces and HUGE ropes over the noses. Some that dont have as many wrinkles, etc etc. So I guess they come in all shapes and sizes. But as Watson said less breathing problems ^.^

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
It's actually great to have a face like that if you are a bully! LOL Tank doesn't get a winded when he plays and he can tolerate heat much better than Bre. Bre is my older gal and she has a very flat face and is a heavier breather.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.