My Bulldog Dublin has never whined or cried .... anyone else experience this??

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
It's not a big deal but i find it very unusual... she barks, ( not very much) snores, snorts and all the other great bully stuff but never once no matter the circumstances has she whined or cried. I've even left and listented outside to see if she does it when we are not around. Not a peep....

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Oh your lucky! Brutus is and always will be a whiner! Usually when he is mad or wants something!

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Kain is the same way, when we kennel him he is completely silence other than 1 time and I was sure to correct that unwanted behavior at the time. We leave the house and I had the window right beside him and same thing not a peep. I was curious if he ever barks lol but i'm quite convinced he is more interested in rest instead. Can't fight a good thing so i'm pleased with that for sure.

Little bugger barked for the first time last night out of his kennel when we left the door open for air with kids playing etc, just un-usual sounds that he wants to be aware of now so i'm hot on his trail to let him know barking in the house is 'not' going to happen.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Abby didn't make a sound for the first few weeks that we had her. Not a peep out of that girl! Now she never shuts up. She whines and complains, whines and complains... it's like living with my mother again!

Be happy :D

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
My crew doesn't whine or cry either. I like it that way.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Abby didn't make a sound for the first few weeks that we had her. Not a peep out of that girl! Now she never shuts up. She whines and complains, whines and complains... it's like living with my mother again!

Be happy :D

Oh my gawd! She makes the cutest sounds! I heard her whining for the strawberries

OP
Dubbiedog

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Maybe it is worse but she is big into "huffing" drives us insane. She does it when she is stressed or anxious. Poor baby has bad breathing and seasonal allergy issues. She had soft palate surgery and nasal fold surgery before she was a year old. Nearly lost her, so awful... So again we try a new med today Hydroxyzine...
We really have to "fight" for better breeding practices when it comes to our wonderful bullies. I did months of research to find the right breeder. To breed this adorable loving mild mannered dog, I believe the other health areas were overlooked and it makes me terribly sad. Am I allowed to say this??? As I new member I dont' want to be in trouble already. I am so passsionate about speaking out so that the world for our magnificent bullies will be so much better.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Maybe it is worse but she is big into "huffing" drives us insane. She does it when she is stressed or anxious.

huffing? is it a loud SIGH or more of a breathing issue? Because I believe the sigh is normal. Abby does it all the time if she feels we aren't entertaining her enough.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
It's not a big deal but i find it very unusual... she barks, ( not very much) snores, snorts and all the other great bully stuff but never once no matter the circumstances has she whined or cried. I've even left and listented outside to see if she does it when we are not around. Not a peep....

Princess Gracie is 5.5 yrs old and we have had her for almost 2. She is much like Dubbiedog. Only in the last 8 months or so has she even barked when someone rings the doorbell.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
My Otis never makes a peep, very rarely does he bark. He is almost 4 months old. In the morning when we wake up he is just sitting in his crate waiting for us to get up.

OP
Dubbiedog

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
She does the loud sighing a LOT. Sounds so human but the huffing is definitely when she is stressed and anxious and makes us stressed and anxious right along with her LOL Now, the breathing is a whole other sound altogether......... Now that I think about it with all of her other noises I should be very happy she doesnt' whine along with everything else :-) I have posted a bunch of photos of her on my profile.

OP
Dubbiedog

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
they are all so unique. I see you live in WI We lived there for just over a year in Delafield. I absolutely had the best experience and love the people there. Here in Florida now for over 10 years and love the weather but miss my WI friends big time..

OP
Dubbiedog

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
They look adorable :-) Are they good buddies??? I see you are a dog show judge. My brother in Ireland breeds champion boxers and he is a judge also.
What do think Dublin should weigh at age two? She has short, short legs (that's always my excuse) LOL..

Most Reactions