What I love about you....

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
First forgive my awful predictive phone in advance. I will try to triple check my words.... Feeling sentimental and I have had people ask, which pup is my fav... Not so easily answered, they all are...

Cutty is my first fav. He is our first bully/pup as an adult. Have been thru many many years together and we have both learned so much. The first night we got him we knew he was crate trained (whatever that meant) so we bought one knowing he would sleep there....... Lasted about 5 minutes and in bed he came. We returned the create the next day... He will always be my fav. So beautiful, I remember thinking that we could never get another cuz none could be as perfect and handsome as him.....

Mugsy was a spur of the moment, a brother for Cutty. He was so tiny I do remember thinking he was too small and just going to get hurt. Being our first puppy, (since Cutty was 9 months when we got him) made me nervous. I remember the first night we had him... Had a box next to the bed for this little 8 week old pug. He snuggled in that bed for about a minute before I gave in and put him in our bed next to me, under my left arm. He never moved, just slept the night under my arm where Cutty and daddy couldn't squish him. the nuzzling into my neck really sealed the deal as he grew. He is my fav.......

Now miila........ Where to begin..... This girl is crazy! Came to us at a year and so badly behaved. Climbing on tables for food, trying to eat food off counters, just nuts..... We have been thru so much in the 7 months she has been here. This is my biggest challenge... Battled aggression issues while she tried to find her place in the pack. She has tested this house like no other, and come thru to the other side with flying colors. She is the most protective of the home actually and I do know she would defend us to the end. Very tough and brave! I think all the work we have put in together makes her my fav....... I have a few favs. ;)

Amazing how in love we can become with these babies isn't it? They r all my fav for so many diff reasons and they all know it throughout the day. Who is your favorite and why?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
107_0776.jpg Mable will always have a special place in my heart because of what we went through together.

Or rather; what she carried me through.

:heart:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I have never cared much for dogs. Seriously. My parents had a couple of dogs when I was a kid but I could never say... Oh I loved old whathisname..
They also had cats, usually just one at a time that I liked a lot... Loved old Mr. Puddy. ;) When my daughter was about 10ish she brought home a kitten "just to keep for a few days' for a friend. Yeah well, 17 years later Frostie passed on and I still miss that old cat....and still find hair in obscure places and he has been gone at least ten years... dang hairball.. LOL
Two years ago I retired... Lari suggested I needed a dog for company. She knew I didn't care much for dogs but thought maybe if I got one I would change my mind. I told her that the only dog I had ever kind of liked was an English Bullie a friend had... Sam was way kewl... lol Anyway, it was decided that we'd look for an EB for my companion. Instant sticker shock!!.. how the heck can they charge THAT much for JUST a dog? In our online search we found a breeder in MO that had a female she was retiring, she was small at 40 pounds which seemed like that would be good for our small house. Loved kids and other dogs. Just sounded right for us so we had her transported here to WI.
WHat can I say,,,, The rest is history : :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

Last edited:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Great topic. So many wonderful answers :heart:

I have always loved dogs, ALWAYS. We are a dog family. At 19 years old I moved out of my parent's house into an apartment with my boyfriend at the time but it just didn't seem right living without a dog. So I got Samson :) The first dog I've ever cared for all on my own. He's slept in bed with me since the day I brought him home, I've always tried to take him everywhere I can with me, trips errands, etc. We've grown up together, lived in 5 different places together in the last 6 years, been through alot of tough times but the one thing that has always been constant is that we have been together. A bond grew between he and I that I couldn't possibly describe, I really never knew I could love a dog this much and I've loved alot of dogs! He's had a number of health issues and my nursing him through all those and how attentive I have been with him through it all is one thing that I think has brought us so close. He broke his leg at 5 months old and it needed orthopedic surgery but we had to wait 3 days for the surgery so he had this little cast. I seriously spent like 99% of that 3 days lying on the floor next to him, I was so scared and sad it happened. During those 3 days a friend of mine came into my bedroom and said to me, Samson is never going to forget how well you take care of him. And I think that is absolutely true, he knows I will always be there for him. Then about 7 months later my boyfriend at the time and I had a huge fight and we broke up (things hadn't been going well for months). I had moved to Fresno with him and all my family is down 4 hours south in Orange County so I packed my car with as much stuff as I could, put bubba in the front seat and we drove the 4 hours/240 miles home to my moms house that night. I cried for days after that, I was in a bad place emotionally, and Samson seemed so worried about me the whole time, so attentive and literally licked tears off my face. There are so many more moments we've shared over the years that just bring us closer and closer but I don't want to write a novel here LOL Samson has been one of the greatest gifts in my life and I seriously don't know what I would do without him, I love him more than words could explain. Absolute best companion and friend :heart:

I also have a beagle, Loki, who I love very much but we have never grown nearly as close. She is just a totally different kind of dog, she's very independent and she's wants to be outside in the yard sniffing around not laying on the couch next to me all day. I also got her when Samson was 1.5 years old so he and I had already had all that time to bond before she came in the picture. Sometimes I feel very guilty admitting I am just not as close to her but I also think it's natural, Samson was bred simply to be a companion, thats his job, she was bred for hunting. It's in his nature to be a velcro dog and it's not for her.

Last edited:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
What a great thread. So many wonderful stories. :heart:

Since cats have been mentioned.....allow me to share a brand new video of my boy Bo and my favorite cat of all time, Mr. Sushi. http://youtu.be/25uMW_gnPNc They were playing - as usual - but instead of stopping the minute I appeared with the camera, they kept at it.

IMG_0272.jpg I already mentioned my Mable. Here's Mable and Sushi playing. :heart:

Last edited:

Most Reactions