Bentleys 6 month update

Lukeg28

Dec 9, 2011
Hello everyone

I don't post here often but I read it quite a lot.. Just wanted to give some updates on Bentley now hes coming up six months.

We had his toilet trained and he was really good until these last few weeks he use to wait or bark to go out but now he just wees anywhere any advice on this?

He eats literally everything, flowers (once bought for birthdays etc) - cat food - other dog food literally anything on the floor he can get his jaws around.

Super hyper, he never seems to settle down we take him for a decent walk every day but as soon as we're ready to settle he will insist on barking at you and bite your toes (we stopped this once) but his puppy teeth fell out about 2-3 weeks ago so is he teething maybe?

He stinks lol - we bath him and within around 5-6 hours he stinks again is this common?

Runs, we have wormed him but now and again he will get random doses of the runs anyone know why this is? Food is james well beloved, turkey and rice, been on this since pup and was told to use it by breeder.

That's the boring part... He's the part you all want to see (the pics) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335825648.323237.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335825674.604494.jpg

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
He sure is handsome!

Gotta run, but wanted to post a quick reply. The smell and runs can be caused by the food. Have you tried switching him? Maybe to a different protein. The runs can also be caused by some sort of parasite. If you suspect this, it's best to check with the vet.

As for the eating anything on the floor, my two boys still do, and they're 2 and 4 years old. Some dogs outgrow the habit but I find that it's better to be safe and ensure that the floor is free from anything that they can put in their mouths :eek:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He's such a handsome boy. The peeing will pass. I think they all go through that. The going craze at night, mine do that too, around 8 PM we call it the bewitching hour. As far as eating things on the floor well that's a bully thing. Anything on the floor is theirs, bully rule. I also think the smell and runs could be from the food, maybe try a different protein.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
He sure is cute! :) It's hard to wear some bullies out even with walks. Bre is a couch potato but Tank can literally go all day long! He's only 2 and never wears down. Maybe Bentley will become more calm with age lol

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
We had his toilet trained and he was really good until these last few weeks he use to wait or bark to go out but now he just wees anywhere any advice on this?

He eats literally everything, flowers (once bought for birthdays etc) - cat food - other dog food literally anything on the floor he can get his jaws around.

Super hyper, he never seems to settle down we take him for a decent walk every day but as soon as we're ready to settle he will insist on barking at you and bite your toes (we stopped this once) but his puppy teeth fell out about 2-3 weeks ago so is he teething maybe?

He stinks lol - we bath him and within around 5-6 hours he stinks again is this common?

Runs, we have wormed him but now and again he will get random doses of the runs anyone know why this is? Food is james well beloved, turkey and rice, been on this since pup and was told to use it by breeder.

That's the boring part... He's the part you all want to see (the pics) View attachment 20438
View attachment 20439

You've got some great advice. Let me add mine cuz that's how I roll.
1) Potty - just go a few steps back in the training. Stay on him and on a strict schedule. Don't let him mess up. If he's peeing in the house, you aren't watching him closely enough. Tie him to your leg if you have to! :lol:
2) Chewing stuff - don't leave anything on the floor that you don't want chewed up or worse; choked on. That's the real danger here.
3) Longer walks! If he's not tired when you come home, you haven't gone far enough. Put water bottles in a doggie back pack if needed to add to the "job" of the walk. A tired pup is a good pup. Embrace the crazies though. They are short-lived and truly always worth a belly laugh here!
4) That picture of Bentley in the swing is so cute I am dying here. DYING! What a handsome, handsome boy you have. :heart:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.