Mack Has Lost A Chunk Of His Precious Nose

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
A few days ago I noticed the cat batting around a chunk of something black. I picked it up and it looked like Bulldog nose. I checked noses and sure enough Mack was missing a piece of his nose about the size of the tip of my little finger. I don't know if he raked it on the side of our house or cracked it on the chain link fence at the kennel where they stayed 5 days last week and it finally broke off here. Sorry, I am not able go get a picture on.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor boy, it is common for the dried skin of the nose to get brushed off sometimes. It will grow back. Some Snoot Soother will help with the dried skin.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
When we first got Punkin, his nose was so dry that we applied aquaphor on it. A few hours later, it's whole top layer fell off :eek:. It grew back a bit and looks a lot smoother now. Hopefully Mack's will be the same. Did only a layer fall or an actual section?

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
This has happened to my Mr. Wilson. I tried all kinds of oils and vaseline but the only thing that helped it heal was a Topical Cream called "ZYMOX" you can get it on Amazon. The tube says veterinary use only but they still sell it without a prescription. I believe he scraped it on his crate as he has allergies and it makes his face itch. His nose is 95% back to normal now.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Poor Mack! Alice, I'll pm you with my email addy and I'll post the pic for you.

I saw a 80lbs bully this weekend at the garden story, 6 years old, and his nose was all dry and cracked. He was sweet.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION] have you tried using our photo uploader instead of photobucket? I cannot get photobucket to load either. Can anyone else get pics to load on photobucket without a problem?

It sounds actually so bad to me, I know it probably isn't, but the thought really makes my skin crawl for some reason..... yet I can watch dogs have surgeries and now have any issues with that... I guess I am a nutter!

OP
Alice Kable

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
@Davidh and @savemejeebus they got home from the doggie hotel Mon. evening and I gave them baths Tues., noticed how dry Mack's nose was and put some aquaphor on it. Sat. I noticed the cat playing with what looked like a mini black gumdrop! It was a section that fell off.
@Fontanafox I am now putting Neosporin on it but will get some ZYMOX. I'm glad to here Mr. Wilson's nose is 95% back.

Last edited:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I am sorry but my initial reaction was laughter...the title was just so funny, and the part about the cat batting it around.

But poor Mack. Have you tried Snout Soother? I use it on Linus and it works and smells great - and just a little bit goes a long way!

OP
Alice Kable

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] is EBN photo uploader where I have to highlight and drag? For some odd reason (DUMB) I have not been able to drag. I do have to resolve this because it is driving me more nuts! With Image Shack what do they want when they ask for a key?

OP
Alice Kable

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Mack's Nose 002.jpgOkay. I'm going to try again!

Most Reactions