Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking to buy my bully a dog house + brush + leather collar

Default Re: Looking to buy my bully a dog house + brush + leather collar

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAndi View Post
    A couple weeks ago somebody recommended the Zoom Groom brush. There's a whole thread dedicated to it in the "General" section
    Someone in this thread mentioned that, it must be that good, I will look into it thanks

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EBDR35 View Post
    Someone in this thread mentioned that, it must be that good, I will look into it thanks
    Oh that reminds me. I was just telling someone today at work how well they work and that I'd bring her my extra one. Need to go grab it now.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EBDR35 View Post
    Thanks for all the advice guys, I won't keep my Bully tied up anymore, I have decided to just buy her a crate and leave her inside the house.

I do not like to tie my bully at all, but I always thought it would be better to tie her up outside so she can get fresh air and at least walk around, the chain isn't too long or too short, to be honest I thought crating her up all day long 8+ hours would be even worse, which is why I came up with the idea of just keeping her outside..

But after doing some reading I realize it is okay to leave my bully in a crate for a long time, also realized it is a good way of training them, she is only about 8-9 months old, I still consider her a puppy. I appreciate everyone's advice it sure helped.

P.s.. her only behavioral issue is chewing everything up including her pad sometimes when I am at work.. I have bought her countless deer antlers and nylabone toys, she seems to grow tired of them..
    Yes..in general, dogs sleep between 18 and 20 hours a day. So, leaving a dog in a kennel for 8 hours is not being a bad owner. My dogs are in their kennel from 8:30 am until 4:30 pm. And trust me, the sleep the whole day. I have a camera on them..and @JAKEISGREAT bully sits via internet. Literally...all day long I get the same text. "sleeping".
    With that being said, another thing you need to watch out for...the toys you leave out for her during the day. Just about every single toy has "do not leave dog unsupervised with toy". They say that for a reason. There are countless people on this very forum who have had to have things surgically removed from their bulldog's tummy. There are even more people who have been shocked with the things that come out their rear end....that they had NO idea was even missing. So, just be careful of what you leave her with. Rest assured..if she is in her kennel, she is guaranteed to be safe. (remove her collar too...we just had a bulldog get her collar buckle stuck in the wire crate..and if her momma wouldn't have been right there, probably would have ended in a tragedy)
    Having a bulldog is like owning no other breed of dog. You literally have to treat them like babies.
    Good luck.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Yep, Wilson and Emma sleep all day and when I get home they're non stop. On the weekends they rarely sleep.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAndi View Post
    A couple weeks ago somebody recommended the Zoom Groom brush. There's a whole thread dedicated to it in the "General" section
    Don't forget to bring this into the doggie bath with you when you get one, @EBDR35. I gave the Dynamic Duo a bath yesterday and really scrubbed it up good, using the Zoom Groom. You should have seen the piles of hair in the tub at rinse time. It was AWESOME -- and they love it. They have a pink one and they see that thing come out and you can tell they are excited about it. We've only had a couple of warm days here but I take it out there with me while I'm tanning and they're playing in their pool. Really gets off the hair.

A bonus: the little Oregon Juncos were out there picking up the dog hair for their nests later on. I'm an avid birder so this pleases me beyond belief.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Jenna
    Likes (Received)

I also have a rescue, she did have accidents in the house....she's 3....I took her out like i would a puppy even though she didn't have to go that often. I also walked her and crate trained her. It's been about 4 months now and she hasn't had a accident for months inside. I think a crate is the way to go....mine's afraid of the dark.

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by marianne View Post
    I also have a rescue, she did have accidents in the house....she's 3....I took her out like i would a puppy even though she didn't have to go that often. I also walked her and crate trained her. It's been about 4 months now and she hasn't had a accident for months inside. I think a crate is the way to go....mine's afraid of the dark.
    to you both! We all know its a tough process potty training and espcially when they are being stubborn My Brutus was and still is
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie and Oliver
    Likes (Received)

I have found the most important thing about house breaking is the routine. They have to depend on you. Not hope you are going to take them out; if they can't rely on a schedule they will just go wherever. Mine are not perfect, we are still working on it, but morning potty is pretty settled (wake up, eat, walk, = potty ). I still get up in the middle of the night to let one of my dogs out to the bathroom. The other one goes at the 10pm walk. Routine, routine, routine !! I know its diffiult but if the dog goes to the bathroom in the house its the humans fault ! They are the only species on the planet that cannot relieve themselves when THEY want and are punished for it and expected to hold for an entire day. good luck

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads