UGGGH. Timing is horrible~Don't want to leave our "baby"

Molly1

Apr 25, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly
With every day that passes with our little Miss..coming to realize that going on our family trip (that was booked before she came to us) is going to be painful..worried about her already..and the kids are too. Suddenly, we're not so excited anymore :fie::fie:

LucysMom

Community Veteran
Feb 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy(RIP) and Gizmo
I dont blame you. What a sweetheart. How long will you be gone?

OP
Molly1

Molly1

Apr 25, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly
8 days. The breeder offered to take her back while we're gone, but she's quite far away..and not sure if this would confuse pup more when we come to pick her up ..AGAIN.
A co-worker has offered to take her. I know that she is an animal lover and has a small dog..just worried. (I don't think she realizes that Molly will come with a loooong list of "do's and don'ts")
On a happier note, OllieIvy's Mom is close by and hopefully will be available for advice.

OP
Molly1

Molly1

Apr 25, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly
Oh how I love you, Bella! ..are you sure??? How will Ollie & Ivy feel about this?? :muah2:

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
yes we are up for it. both dick and i think that miss molly needs to meet ollie and ivy first. and plus, it wouldn't be completely new surroundings when you drop her off.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Totally know how you feel ... expect to shed a few tears when you drop her off. :( But know that having her stay with someone who is bulldog experienced :)is the best kind of care you can ask for.

Last edited:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Great news!!! We are goin to Hawaii on our honeymoon for 7 days we are totally ready but don't wanna leave our babies. Luckily davidh and his wife have offered to keep Both babies :).... I just live everyone on here :D

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
:clap: ohhhhh I think sumpin wonderful is happening! :clap:

it would be so wonderful to have a little miss molly for a week...we are only concerned about ollie who is sometimes aggressive with puppies. any suggestions?

i thought that when k brings molly over to meet before the trip, she should come in first and then i should go get miss molly and bring her in, remaining 'calm and assertive' and trying my best not to anticipate an issue.

if anyone has any other tips, they would be welcome. i really want molly to stay with us, but not at the expense of traumatizing the little honey.

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
also funny that my designation is currently 'pet sitter' :hahaha:

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Wow this is wonderful....have been working on building up the courage to trust my dogs in someone else's care....not making much progress...good for both you!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
it would be so wonderful to have a little miss molly for a week...we are only concerned about ollie who is sometimes aggressive with puppies. any suggestions?

i thought that when k brings molly over to meet before the trip, she should come in first and then i should go get miss molly and bring her in, remaining 'calm and assertive' and trying my best not to anticipate an issue.

if anyone has any other tips, they would be welcome. i really want molly to stay with us, but not at the expense of traumatizing the little honey.

l would suggest they meet on neutral territory. We have introduced many rescue dogs into our home and I so believe taking the territorial response away from the "home" dog makes a world of difference. A park or someone else's yard where there are no dogs would work. Keep them both on leashes and go slow.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online