Poor Emmitt just can't catch a break :'(

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
So we just took Emmitt to the vet and he has Demodex :( it doesn't seem to be bothering so at least he isn't in pain but it's ugly and hopefully the dip will cure him so it doesn't hurt him. The vet said with the dip he could feel under the weather. I know some of y'all have experience with this but how have your dogs acted with it?

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Abby has it too. She doesn't seem to care but it freaks me out. She isn't getting dipped, she's getting Ivermectin and I am giving her a bath every 2 days with neem oil shampoo

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
aww Emmitt - praying for a full recovery for both he and Abby...I hate to see them itching or with patches and hives. :(

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Westchester, New York, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
Lily has it right now.
It's a few spots on her face.
The vet said it's localized so it's not that bad.
But the one spot on her cheek has not gotten any better.
He gave us Goodwinol onitment.
I think it bugs me more than it bugs her.
I hope Emmitt feels better soon!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
I just finished reading a book by some Dr Pitcairn. He suggests soaking a thinly sliced lemon in a pint of boiled water overnight and spraying it on the spots. I don't know if its the neem & lavender oil shampoo or the lemon juice but Abby is clearing up nicely (and she smells AMAZING! lol)

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
My 2 year old bully "dublin" had it very bad and she was on Ivermectin for about 16 weeks. You cannot believe how beautiful her coat is now. Hang in there it will get better.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Ask you vet about using Ivermectin. It is not as toxic as the dip. My bully was on it for 16 weeks and she is looking beautiful at two. My vet is a bully expert. Dr. Koch in Sarasota Florida

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Years ago my Gunnyboy had it and we had to do the dip for a week but it worked, he never had a problem again but its so toxic

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Ask you vet about using Ivermectin. It is not as toxic as the dip. My bully was on it for 16 weeks and she is looking beautiful at two. My vet is a bully expert. Dr. Koch in Sarasota Florida

I was terrified of the Ivermectin until I found out that it "is metabolized in the liver, excreted almost exclusively in the feces with minimal clearance by the kidneys (less than 1% excreted in the urine)"

(((I love how OFFICIAL that sounds :laugh: I feel smart just from typing it! )))

Anyway, I'm not afraid to give it to Abby anymore. BUT! It does make her spit up a little about an hour after I give it to her. I deal with this by dumping a capsule of slippery elm bark in some applesauce about an hour before I give it to her. It coats her stomach and she stopped throwing up.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
We are on lexs 3r break out. We are on that as well this time and I'm hoping it clears everything up!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online