REMY IS HOME

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Yep, you read it right, Remy is home!!!! He did great!!! Wouldn't go to the bathroom with Kendra this morning, just wanted to play, but he went pee for me before putting him in my car. Dr. Sanders said that Remy is one of the few bulldogs he's seen where his abnormal coronary artery isn't too abnormal. It does branch off in a spot it's not supposed to, but it branched higher than he usually sees in these cases. He didn't rule out the possibility of Remy having to have the balloon plasty done at some future time, but that is only if he starts showing signs of heart problems, such as increased respiratory difficulties, the triscupid valve starts leaking, things of those nature. Then he said, the surgery would outweigh any risks that might occur. So right now his on his beta blockers every 12 hours, and he has to come back in a year for another echo. Just routine stuff.

I couldn't have gotten through this without the support of everyone on this forum, I'm so glad I found it!!!! It seems like it's been forever, but it's only been a year since I've been a member. Not to mention the financial support of the chip ins!!!!

So with that being said, here's a couple of pictures of his homecoming and I didn't get one of him and Dr. Sanders like I wanted to, but oh well.

100_1271.jpg 100_1273.jpg

jumping to say hi looking to see if his brothers left any goodies in their breakfast bowls, which they did!

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23YfWeog_ag

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:jumping:

Oh Kim.. that is all such wonderful news.... I needed that this morning! YEAH, REMY!!!

super big hugs and kisses

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Surgery didn't slow him down one bit... LOL

nope not all!!! I do think he was a little put out with me at first. When he first saw me this morning, he went into a crawl (like he was scared) and wouldn't give me any kisses!!! Now, he's a little better, but I still think he's not happy that he was gone for two days! Other than that, he seems really glad to be back with the boys and I'm sure I'll get some kisses eventually. He has jumped up on me to say hi and he looks for me when he can't find me right away.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He looks very happy to be home with his buddies, and the surgery didn't slow him down any. Glad everything went well and he is home again.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I am surprised he is so active, is there a risk with this and his incision? Seems like a heart incision would be large. Bella ripped her spay open just in a few seconds of gruffing with Abby.

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I am surprised he is so active, is there a risk with this and his incision? Seems like a heart incision would be large. Bella ripped her spay open just in a few seconds of gruffing with Abby.

He only has a little hole in his left rear thigh where they inserted the catheter into his femoral artery and went up into his heart that way and no sutures or anything. He does a couple of shaved spots on his he has a big one on his neck just in case they could do the balloon plasty because then he would have gone down into his heart through his jugular, but since they didn't have to do that, he just got a free hair cut there. Kendra told me he's been scratching at his neck a lot and I have noticed him doing it since he's been home, but it's more because his fur is shaved there. Dr. Sanders told me to keep an eye on it in case it started to leak and if I saw a goose egg type lump forming then to just put pressure on it for about 10 -15 minutes. He actually hasn't settled down too much since he's been home. I did have to leave to get his prescription filled so he was in the crate with Oliver, but I don't know if he actually laid down and rested or not.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
how nice is that. I had visions of him with a scar down his entire belly.

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
how nice is that. I had visions of him with a scar down his entire belly.

that's what I was thinking it was going to be too, if they went in with the balloons, but nope, science is amazing these days

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I too find it amazing that he is so playful, he looks wonderful too! He is so brilliant in color, like he was painted by a true artist! I also see he grew into that long tail of his! Now it looks regular sized! I love how they all get along so good together too, I have the biggest smile on my face right now :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online