Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
You will LOVE Colorado. I'm going to assume you'll be visiting the Rocky Mountains? Hopefully you can add Estes Park to your list while here. It's a beautiful state. Well if you change your mind you let me know on the collar, I'll get it out Monday to you. And when you come to Colorado, you can buy me and my hubby a :beer:. :up:

Oh, keep in touch and let me know if there's anything you need while you're here visiting!

If we do come to Colorado we will certainly come and buy you and your husband a drink and would love to meet Wilson, I will let you know when we have finished planning.View attachment 20315

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
they look sooo sad when they have to wear those collars. The soft collar isnt safe enough for the eye surgery, they can still get to the eye and scratch. Miila did and scratched it good, had to go back in and wear the plastic one even longer. BUT it helps greatly if you just cut the collar back as much as you can without it completely falling apart. I ended up having to do this so she could still eat and drink with it.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ohhh.late to this! I'm glad he is doing better..yes those collars are awful! We had a Dobie once that just froze..wouldn't move for hours. But the funniest was when we had a rabbit neutered. :eek: And the vet had to make a collar for him out of an old X-ray! Talk about funny! :ROFL:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh im so glad the surgery went well and he seems on the road to recovery. yea ive heard you can cut those cones back some and they can move and eat and drink better.

OP
Ftse 100

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Sounds like a plan. How do you pronounce your little guy's name?

It is pronounced as Footsie, but it comes from the UK stock exchange FTSE 100. I could have bought a heap of shares for what Ftse cost me :hahaha:
br 144.jpg

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
So glad Foots (:D) is doing great! If I can remember, Stig only had to wear his collar for a couple of days after his eye surgery. It's amazing how fast they recover.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Glad his surgery went well. He'll adjust to the halo. We all know he's had an invisible one since the day he was born :angel:

OP
Ftse 100

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Well I have cut the cone back a bit and he can actually drink and eat now, but keeps giving me the evil eye as if saying what have I done to him.
br 144.jpg

mickeedz

Dec 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Jax
When did you take the cone picture? Right after he came home from surgery or was it a day or so after? I'm asking because my Jax was neutered today and also had a right cherry eye removed and stitches placed in his left eye to keep the other "cherry" from coming out and he looks nothing like your bully :( Jax looks awful. Right eye is really red on the bottom inner lid and the left that was stitched is really red, inflammed, and his bottom outer eyelid looks droopy. Is this normal?

OP
Ftse 100

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
When did you take the cone picture? Right after he came home from surgery or was it a day or so after? I'm asking because my Jax was neutered today and also had a right cherry eye removed and stitches placed in his left eye to keep the other "cherry" from coming out and he looks nothing like your bully :( Jax looks awful. Right eye is really red on the bottom inner lid and the left that was stitched is really red, inflammed, and his bottom outer eyelid looks droopy. Is this normal?
I took the photo the night after Ftse's op, I am sorry I am unable to tell you what it should look like as I have never heard or dealt with Cherry eye before. Ftse's eye was a bit red after the op but not a great deal but it did not look droopy.
after a few days it looked just like his other eye.
br 144.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
happy to hear all went well and Fste is doing well!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.