Remy is out of surgery

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Kendra just called me and said that Remy is snoozing away in the nursing care unit. Dr. Sanders' suspicions were right and he couldn't go ahead and do the balloon plasty to open up Remy's arteries because his coronary artery is abnormal and it would be too risky for Remy, which is exactly what I wanted him to do. So I will pick him up tomorrow morning at 9 and bring him home. Dr. Sanders did tell me yesterday that a years ago he had another bulldog present like Remy (healthy, active, strong) and who also had an abnormal coronary artery and he stopped the procedure and woke him up to go home and that bulldog is now 10 years old!!! Gives me hope for Remy and Sebastian since they both have the same thing but neither one of them look or act sick.

thanks everybody for the prayers, good thoughts and what not!!! I can breathe a little easier now.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
YAY...Im so glad he is ok..

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Glad the hear he is rest well. Hoping for a long and happy life.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I wish nothing but the best for Remy! :hug: to you both! They are both strong boys that wont let anything stop them

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Glad he is ok . With a great Mom he has as good a hance as any to live a long healthy life.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I am happy he is out of surgery and waking up. I can't wait to hear he is in your arms again. He will do fine, I am sure of it! We will remember this when we all celebrate his 10th birthday!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Big hugs to Remy and best wishes for a long and happy life for him and his heart! :heart:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:whew: I'm so happy he will soon be home. And now you know what you are dealing with. You know..there are no guarantees with any of our babies..a great reminder to live and love them each and every day!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Kim, Remy will soon be home with his family and most certainly will live a long life! I'm sure your vet told you, but keeping his weight down is going to be very important.

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
another update: Kendra called me again and said he's fully awake and doing his little side wiggle and wants to play. She also asked if I wanted to put him on beta blockers like I have Sebastian on even though they are both asymptomatic at this time and there is no definitive proof that they will prolong their lives, the beta blocker will help their hearts function better. I say any little help is better than nothing.

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kim, Remy will soon be home with his family and most certainly will live a long life! I'm sure your vet told you, but keeping his weight down is going to be very important.

Yep, I know and when we weighed him Wednesday night and he already weighs 50#, I was a little concerned, but I know I'm not over feeding him and he is still a puppy and growing. Lisa's also reassured me that he was always the biggest puppy and he def loves to eat. He gets 2 1/2 cups of dry kibble a day, plus whatever scraps he snarfs from Oliver and Sebastian's bowls when they are done, which is not much, believe me. I'm not a big "treater", so occassionally they will get 3 or 4 green beans and a baby carrot or two, but probably only once or twice a week.

Sebastian is only around 40 pounds, but he's also much smaller in stature as well.

I think Remy is going to end up looking more like Oliver based on what Lisa has said his dad looks like and I've seen pictures of Molly.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.