help deciding on which collar or harness is best for my EB

MikeyBoi

Jun 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Aye-Ma like Hey Ma
Hello EBN members....i got a question to ask,AyeMa is a very friendly to humans and if she sees people she would get very excited and eagerly try to go to them .Right now shes on the easy walk harness.Which turn her around if she try to runs.But sometime she launch pretty strong.and flip over.So im thinkim of usin a collar,but no idea on what kind and how to not let her run off ,like is there a move i can do to the collar.Like she will stay if i talk loud but she will lay down and try again in a few second .

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I think the majority of the people will suggest you use a harness. Not a collar. Collars are so dangerous for this breed..with their labored breathing, trachea problems and esophagus issues. Keep everything away from the neck..and stay with the harness especially if she tugs. Now..what type of harness will more than likely be a trial and error type of thing. We use the step in for Orion....currently the puppy ones. Hopefully she will decide to grow and we can graduate to a big girl harness.

OP
M

MikeyBoi

Jun 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Aye-Ma like Hey Ma
Yea we use to use that but with that she keep tryin to pull ....this only happen when people is around because she love the attentions. At first it nice cute and all ,but sometimes its just a little too much so we correct her everytime . But like she forgets as soon as we see the next person lol.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I love the Kong Harness! I use it every time we go on a walk or they are gonna be on a leash. I use collars only for when they are playing in the yard, they use collars in the yard because when I had the harnesses on they get so dirty from the rolling around and playing!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
If she "Launches pretty hard" do NOT put her in a collar. Get a good fitting harness but more importantly teach her not to "launch" .

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.