New puppy

mistshadow

Dec 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Athena and Ty
Hi all,
We just got a new 8 month old bully. His name is Ty. We are pretty sure he comes from and bad home. He is so thin it saddens me. He has been kennel trained and I'm pretty sure he didn't get much of a chance to spend much time outside the kennel. He has fur missing on his legs and looks like his tummy is raw in the creases by his hind legs. Its not mangem it just looks like what happens when a dog lives in a crate. Its so sad.

We are slowly working on him and Athena (our 6 month old bully) used to each other. He doesn't seem like he's been socialized much with other dogs, where as Athena has been since 10 weeks old.

Supposedly he is potty trained. My thought is of course he is, he didn't want to potty in his crate. Unfortunately, he has has a few accidents already and we have only had him for a few hours.

He is such a loving boy, he is curled up couch right now and follows me every where. I'm sure we can make a go of it, its just going to take time for the adjustments.

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
:heart:Poor Ty:heart: I'm glad he has a new loving home:yes: Sounds like he will need a lot tender loving care. Was he a rescue bully? Good luck with him. Some pix would be nice:D

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
It just makes me sick, mad and sad that somebody is even allowed to have pets when they treat them bad. So happy that Ty is finally with caring people!

C

Cooper11

[MENTION=3972]mistshadow[/MENTION] :) Well i wold say you are on the right track!! He must be feeling the love already if he is following you around. He knows you are his momma!!! Feel so bad for these pups but it is wonderful when they find a great home to finally call their own. You sound like you know what you are doing and he seems to be adjusting rather well. With a little TLC he will be in ti top shape before you know it......O an where the heck are you pics!!! :) we love to see pics!!!

OP
mistshadow

mistshadow

Dec 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Athena and Ty
Thank you for the support. I was nervous if we made the right decision at first. But I truly believe he needs us. I don't think he ever really got the chance to be a real dog. But he will now. He will be spoiled rottten just like Athena is.

I will try and get pictures posted tomorrow of Ty and Athena. I was trying to do it from my phone or kindle but it won't let me. So I will jump on my computer tomorrow some time.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
EBs are so sensitive... it hurts to think Ty didn't have loving care. But things will be all better now.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: he will adjust and probably be the best buddy you could ever have. Looks like he already knows where love is because he is following you around. Good luck!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I met an older guy at a EB meet up once...five or six, I believe...he was there with his foster dad. Unsocialized, living mostly in a crate that was way to small for him, he really had a long way to go when he got to Foster Care. The dog looked like holy hell. I saw him again at another meet up. That boy absolutely flourished under the foster dad's care. To me, it was as though he thought, "I don't have to worry anymore" and his hair grew back in and his limpy leg from being in the crate got better....everything. In a short time, he was a new dog inside. (He was still a little rough on the outside for sure) It should be noted that the Foster Dad didn't share soft energy - "feeling sorry" - for his new charge. Instead, the conversation inside his head was something like this, "Yes, you may have been abused but that's over now and we move forward." Can you imagine the relief he must have felt from having strong leadership? Gives me goosebumps.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Yay to you for having the capacity to open your heart to Ty and yay to Ty for surviving his life till he met you....good luck I can't wait to see pictures and hear about Ty's progress.....

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Thank you so much for taking Ty into your wonderful home so he can be loved and spoiled as he should be. It is a lot of work but it is so worth it. Can't wait to see more pictures of your two fur-babies!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Welcome to our family...and thank goodness Ty has found his forever home. I agree with everyone else..he will soon be a happy loving :bully:! Give him time and I might just start over again with the housebreaking. Just like a new pup. Look upon it as a bonding experience and a way or him to make new habits. Obviously whatever he received from his previous home wasn't what you or he wants or needs. :bravo: to you and we will love watching his progress!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: Ty and Athena.... mommie too . Glad you found us and glad to have you here. Thanx for being Ty's angel. :)

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Bless you for taking Ty out of hell and into your heart and home! If would have known so much abuse was going on with these poor animals, I would be a rescuer instead of buying pups, I vow to adopt-not shop I'm the future!

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
bless you. i am happy for little ty. can we see pictures of the little guy?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.