Rainbow Bridge

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
I just got to read Bill at Rainbow Bridge, an amazing book that is one that everyone who looses a pet should read. Im thankful that their was something to ease the pain when I lost Gunny. I believe there is a Rainbow Bridge and I know I will be with my Gunnyboy someday. Thanks [MENTION=867]DanCarrison[/MENTION] for taking me to a place in my mind if for only a moment, it helped so much.

Tom & Connie

Last edited by a moderator:

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
:heart: How sweet :heart: I still get a lump in my throat every time I read something about Gunny. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to get to know him:luv:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
It's a wonderful book and for anyone who doesnt know..the author..Dan .... Donates a copy to people who he learns have lost their Bully. It was written through his own pain. He also donates copies for our auctions. If you ever get a chance to read it..an easy way to support him is to go to Amazon and review it.

Tom and Connie..so glad it helped..even for a moment. Those moments will become longer and soon your memories of sweet Gunny will be with a smile instead of through tears. :hug:

Last edited by a moderator:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I wished I'd had it back when Mable died. I know it would have helped me. The agony of losing her was absolutely excruciating. I need to go pick up a couple copies to keep in my "gift closet". It's THE perfect thing to send when words fall short......:heart:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well said Tom/Connie.... great book

kymmiko

Apr 5, 2012
Blue Ridge GA & Raleigh NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Tilly
Tom and Connie, I trust that Rainbow Bridge has helped you. I don't know that I want to dig up the pain of my recent loss and face it. Did it help you to get to a new step of pushing past your grief?

OP
gunnyboy

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
When Gunny passed it was like nothing I have ever felt before, I lost my parents years ago and I loved them both so dearly but the impact of loosing Gunny wwas much harder, I know it sounds crude and unloving to say that but its true, I have NEVER loved anything like I did him. He was my everything and I thought I would never be able to go on without him. I cried for days and I still do, but now their tears of joy. I was so lucky to have him those 9 years and he will forever be in my heart. Now Rainbow Bridge, It was like a ray of sunshine,Giving me hope that someday, somewhere I will see Gunny and be with him, to be happy and hold him in my arms forever.Its a wonderful book written from the heart and will ease the pain of a broken heart of loosing a pet. :heart:

LucysMom

Community Veteran
Feb 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy(RIP) and Gizmo
It really is a great book isnt it? Gives me someplace positive to go to when I am sad about losing Lucy

I just got to read Bill at Rainbow Bridge, an amazing book that is one that everyone who looses a pet should read. Im thankful that their was something to ease the pain when I lost Gunny. I believe there is a Rainbow Bridge and I know I will be with my Gunnyboy someday. Thanks @DanCarrison for taking me to a place in my mind if for only a moment, it helped so much.

Tom & Connie

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Thanks @DanCarrison from me too. My copy came in the mail today. As soon as I opened it, I immediately locked myself away to read it alone because it was just what I needed today; the past couple of days of been particularly hard. I cried my eyes out and laughed too while reading it, but after I read it, I felt a sense of peace. I know the pain isn't gone. The description of emotional whiplash you feel after losing a pet was so real and is constant for me right now.

I, too, believe there is a Rainbow Bridge and know I will be there with Aubrey one day. Right now Gunny, Aubrey, Lucy and Mable are all playing there waiting for us.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.