I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Tom Fraley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarge and LuLu
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Rainbow Bridge

I just got to read Bill at Rainbow Bridge, an amazing book that is one that everyone who looses a pet should read. Im thankful that their was something to ease the pain when I lost Gunny. I believe there is a Rainbow Bridge and I know I will be with my Gunnyboy someday. Thanks @DanCarrison for taking me to a place in my mind if for only a moment, it helped so much.

Tom & Connie
    Last edited by bullmama; 04-25-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie Mae "The Diva"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Rainbow Bridge

How sweet I still get a lump in my throat every time I read something about Gunny. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to get to know him

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

It's a wonderful book and for anyone who doesnt know..the author..Dan .... Donates a copy to people who he learns have lost their Bully. It was written through his own pain. He also donates copies for our auctions. If you ever get a chance to read it..an easy way to support him is to go to Amazon and review it.

Tom and Connie..so glad it helped..even for a moment. Those moments will become longer and soon your memories of sweet Gunny will be with a smile instead of through tears.
    Last edited by bullmama; 04-27-2012 at 10:43 AM.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

I wished I'd had it back when Mable died. I know it would have helped me. The agony of losing her was absolutely excruciating. I need to go pick up a couple copies to keep in my "gift closet". It's THE perfect thing to send when words fall short......

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Well said Tom/Connie.... great book
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

So glad to see how much it has helped so many! Dan is so generous to share it.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tilly
    Likes (Received)

Tom and Connie, I trust that Rainbow Bridge has helped you. I don't know that I want to dig up the pain of my recent loss and face it. Did it help you to get to a new step of pushing past your grief?

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tom Fraley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarge and LuLu
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

When Gunny passed it was like nothing I have ever felt before, I lost my parents years ago and I loved them both so dearly but the impact of loosing Gunny wwas much harder, I know it sounds crude and unloving to say that but its true, I have NEVER loved anything like I did him. He was my everything and I thought I would never be able to go on without him. I cried for days and I still do, but now their tears of joy. I was so lucky to have him those 9 years and he will forever be in my heart. Now Rainbow Bridge, It was like a ray of sunshine,Giving me hope that someday, somewhere I will see Gunny and be with him, to be happy and hold him in my arms forever.Its a wonderful book written from the heart and will ease the pain of a broken heart of loosing a pet.

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lucy(RIP) and Gizmo
    Likes (Received)

It really is a great book isnt it? Gives me someplace positive to go to when I am sad about losing Lucy

Quote Originally Posted by gunnyboy View Post
    I just got to read Bill at Rainbow Bridge, an amazing book that is one that everyone who looses a pet should read. Im thankful that their was something to ease the pain when I lost Gunny. I believe there is a Rainbow Bridge and I know I will be with my Gunnyboy someday. Thanks @DanCarrison for taking me to a place in my mind if for only a moment, it helped so much.

Tom & Connie

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Krista
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug
    Likes (Received)

Thanks @DanCarrison from me too. My copy came in the mail today. As soon as I opened it, I immediately locked myself away to read it alone because it was just what I needed today; the past couple of days of been particularly hard. I cried my eyes out and laughed too while reading it, but after I read it, I felt a sense of peace. I know the pain isn't gone. The description of emotional whiplash you feel after losing a pet was so real and is constant for me right now.

I, too, believe there is a Rainbow Bridge and know I will be there with Aubrey one day. Right now Gunny, Aubrey, Lucy and Mable are all playing there waiting for us.

Remove Ads