Ugh, the landlords say we cant's get another dog

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
....and who didn't think THIS GROUP wouldn't easily ride on the "Yes Puppy" side of the ballot? :hahaha:

[MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] is right about genuinely good tenants; they are far and few. I lived in my little "No pets" house for eight years --- and with a menagerie of animals including a 3 foot long iguana, a tank full of Oscars and a dwarf lop bunny rabbit. I loved that house like it was my very own. I never once had a rent increase because they didn't want me to move. :yes:

OP
mendomama

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
[MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] @ BruceP @ Jeannieco, @MamaAndi @Twice @ savemejeebus @ gunnyboy @ vicaroo1000 THANK YOU. and you the rest of you too. You have all giving me some encouragement. I have been in tears off and on the last couple of days. It makes me so sad to think we may not get this baby. But I am prepared to give my rebuttal to the lords of the land. LOL! But regardless we are leaning towards getting the puppy no matter what they have to say. It does seem like we are nearing the end of living here anyway. So even if we don't get the puppy we will be looking for another home. So with that in mind, we think it would be such a loss to not get the puppy and still move anyway. Gunnyboy is right, a puppy will bring happiness. and not getting him would be devastating. So I am going to contact them today and see how it goes. Wish us Luck....:heart::heart::heart:

Last edited:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Just be completely honest. Tell them due to their lack of getting back to you, you went ahead and put a deposit down. Ask them to reconsider, and if they will not don't be afraid to put your notice in.

~Disclaimer~
Sent from my Droid RAZR using Tapatalk. I'm probably crouched down in a corner at work trying to send this post via dictation software. I shall not be held responsible for any misspellings, incorrect punctuation, and most importantly ..... incorrect translations!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Yep, if they want to keep good tenants they will back down on this.

I was such a good tenant at one place I rented that when my neighbor had a place for rent he begged me to rent it....I did, for 6 years and in those six years the rent actually went down 15.00 a month. Because when I first rented it was $325.00 a month all utilities included and about three years in they stopped paying Cable but charged $300.00 and at the time I didn't watch much TV at all so basic cable only cost me $10.00. (this was back in the early 80's)

Hope these landlords see the light and save you the hassle of having to house hunt in a hurry.

Last edited:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
The landlord is probably worried about the rest of the tenants. "If I let them have 2 dogs, everyone will want 2" and not everyone's dogs are trained. That's where I've found renters insurance comes in handy. It costs me 99.00 a year, gets me 10% off my car insurance premium (Allstate bundle) and the landlord has the comfort of knowing any damage done will be covered.

OP
mendomama

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
OK So we got him!!!! We went back and forth a few times with the landlords. They said no still and we politely gave our notice. Then an hour later, 15 minutes before we hit the road to go pick up our puppy, they called us back and said that they would like to work out an agreement. Yay!!! WE WON! So we have not heard back yet as to what they want to purpose. But it is good to know we wont have to find a place to live right away. Thank you for all your support. It was a emotional few days, you all really help us stay true to our selves. Oh and don't worry I will post some pics, have not gotten to take many yet, he is much more active than our Uni was at that age. Needless to say, I am tired today, need much more coffee. :blink:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Great news! Hurry up with the coffee! Pics!!!

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
OK So we got him!!!! We went back and forth a few times with the landlords. They said no still and we politely gave our notice. Then an hour later, 15 minutes before we hit the road to go pick up our puppy, they called us back and said that they would like to work out an agreement. Yay!!! WE WON! So we have not heard back yet as to what they want to purpose. But it is good to know we wont have to find a place to live right away. Thank you for all your support. It was a emotional few days, you all really help us stay true to our selves. Oh and don't worry I will post some pics, have not gotten to take many yet, he is much more active than our Uni was at that age. Needless to say, I am tired today, need much more coffee. :blink:

Woohoo!! That's a big victory for you I'm so happy you have a puppy coming into your life! Now post tons of pics :)

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
What great news!!! I'm do excited go see pictures!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)

AWESOME! Can't wait for the pics!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Great news, and congrats to you. Can't wait for the pics of this precious pup.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh yay, bravo! So where are the pics? lol. And how's Uni handling the new adorable addition? I'm sure they'll be the best of friends in no time.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.