I'm SOOOOOO excited!!!!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
So many things to be excited about tonight!

1) I spoke with the Therapy Dog Trainer tonight about my concerns regarding the heat and Tubs being able to complete the Therapy Certification Course. We have 3 weeks left to our basic obedience classes until we can start the Therapy Certification courses. However, they are going to allow us to start next week and overlap his last 3 obedience classes with the first 3 therapy classes. This way he can get certified as a therapy dog by June 18th! Hopefully, before the heat sets in!

2) During class tonight we were going around the room and putting our dogs in a sit stay and then a down stay and back to a sit stay. Tubs did all of this with hand and voice commands, on the first try! Our trainer was so impressed that he said, "that is one smart *bleep* bulldog!" :D

3) This one is funny. We were talking about distractions tonight in class and how that there are things that are going to distract dogs because....they are dogs. He wanted to use Tubs as an example of how dogs can become distracted by things. The trainer had a signing dancing toy dog that made farting noises. Tubs was in a sit/stay and he put the dog behind him. Tubs continued to sit, but he turned around and sniffed the toy and knocked it over, but it didn't bother him and he didn't get up. The trainer started laughing saying that the only way that toy wouldn't have bothered him is if he was use to that noise. I laughed and said that he is because he makes that noise all the time himself :laugh:. He told me the his dog does too and that he startles himself and looks around to find out where it came from! I told him Tubs wakes himself up from a sound sleep and jumps up and starts sniffing around! :hahaha: What a good laugh we had tonight! :lol:

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Tubs is such a smarty pants! So glad the training is going so well!

ps Rook looks for farts too... his and anyone else's that he hears/smells. It cracks me up!

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Go Tubs!! That's so great you can skip those classes! And Gio looks for his farts when they make noise, usually they are SBD (silent but deadly!!!:ROFL:)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Great job Tubs, and a funny story too. :ROFL:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I like how the trainer really enjoys Tubs, very funny night indeed!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Tubs is rockin' it! Whatta good good boy! My dynamic duo would have failed that test without question!

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
My weim is a therapy dog....don't think Schultz can reign in his excitement over his love of people to do wwhat must be done for the course and the test....sounds like Tubs has the necessary self control... Congratulations, we have a lot of fun volunteering ......enjoy......

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Way to go Tubs! So proud of ya. Can't wait until you get your papers and hear more stories of you volunteering. You'll always be the star of the show!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.