Wrinkle sore

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
He's never had it before so I'm worried and have been switching his food ! It's sooooooo red! And I clean it everyday sometimes twice Oh we'll :(

Arnold just started needing to be wiped daily. He is about to turn 10 months, maybe it is age related? How old is Brooklyn?

C

Cooper11

Well, Nigel was diagnosed with dry eye only yesterday, so we just started using the eye drops. I wouldn't use Gold Bond on his face, the menthol may be part of the cause of his watery eyes, try corn starch or talcum powder instead. Does your dog have entropic eyes?

He has ectropion in one eye. I don't think the gold bond has anything to do with it. I have always used gold bond and it is just the one eye that waters. I have also used baby powder. But I will also get the 2 powders you recommended!

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
[MENTION=4263]rainyruth[/MENTION]...... We were using an otc eye drop on HRH but her vet put her on Optimmune gel. Drops are a stop gap effort to lube the eye whereas Optimmune encourages the tear duct produce tears to lubricate the eye. Princess Gracie has been taken off of the enthopian surgery list because the Optimmune is working so well. A $38 tube lasts about 2 months because you use so little each day.

Thanks so much for the info on the Optimmune, my vet said I would have to treat Nigel's eye twice a day for the rest of his life, so I'll try the Optimmune and maybe his dry eye will get better! :)

mygirlsmomma

Feb 14, 2012
Lake Stevens
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
I clean Ellie's white eye wrinkle with 50/50 hydrogen peroxide and water and then put on a yeast infection cream. It seems to keep her stains down and she isn't so sore. She hates the smell of the Tucks pads I bought, so I only use those for her ears. Hope this helps!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Thanks so much for the info on the Optimmune, my vet said I would have to treat Nigel's eye twice a day for the rest of his life, so I'll try the Optimmune and maybe his dry eye will get better! :)

HRH's vet started her out with Optimmune twice a day. after about 6 weeks he tested her tear duct production again and reduced it to once a day.... Now after another 6 weeks or so only one of her eyes shows a production less than what he would like to see so he still asks us to do the one eye but said it wouldn't hurt to still do both. So little is used for each application that we choose to still do both.
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]... Princess Gracie's vet, when I asked, said that any of the drops don't stay in the eye long enough to really work as well as the gel. The gel for me is very easy: First, we share a banana, then I wash my hands, using just the smallest of amounts (-1/4") on the tip of my finger I open her eye and swipe the very corner of her eye socket with the Optimmune so I don't touch her eye ball. Kiss the eyelid, tell her how good she is and we are done. :<3:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.