Wrinkle sore

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
I asked this before but never bought it and can't fight the thread! What's the stuff u use that clears up a wrinkle sore??? It's on amazon?? Anyone??

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
malaket maybe what you are thinking of? They are anti bacterial wipes and yes you buy on amazon. But use them gently and maybe just 1 time and see if it helps. Sometimes being TOO clean can just rub them raw. Honestly my pups do not need cleaned but maybe 1 time a week. I do think food plays a big part in that and also their daily activities too I am sure.

OP
TomnZon

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
I use a wipe then dry it or use a Kleenex and he got a terrible terrible terrible sore. And his tear stains are just awful and the wax in his ears.... It's depressing to see him like this :( we just ordered another new food we don't know what to do!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Bubbas nose rope is always wet but I only clean it with a duoxol pad or Malaket wipe once a week. Can be too much. In between if I notice it's getting a little red I dry it with a Cotten ball and put desitin on it.

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
i just use a paper towel every day, sometimes twice a day. a quick wipe to keep it dry in there does wonders for my two. the skin always looks healthy. if you keep the wrinkles as dry as you can, you will probably not run into problems. it's the moisture of skin against skin that can cause an infection or irritation.

OP
TomnZon

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
He's never had it before so I'm worried and have been switching his food ! It's sooooooo red! And I clean it everyday sometimes twice Oh we'll :(

C

Cooper11

[MENTION=1546]TomnZon[/MENTION] Malacetic Ultra

Last edited:
C

Cooper11

[MENTION=1546]TomnZon[/MENTION]

DO you know how to get on your profile and read your visitor messages cuz I wrote it on there....also if you go to your profile under your profile pic you can go to latest post or newest thread and see all what you have posted on and you threads that you made that will all pop up.... Where is he red at...Eye wrinkle??? I am having the same problem just with one of coops eye. Have you had his eye check out for ectropion ....Coop has that wrong with one of his eyes and it waters all the time. I just got some drops suggested to me by @gunnyboy so I am going to call vet and ask them if they will give it to me....If all fails I will have to do the laser surgery becauseat this point his one waters so much there are no tears stains but it looks like it is getting raw and I think it is watering to much the hair is coming off.

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Before Nigel had surgery for his entropic eyes they would water and get sore and raw, I would wash and dry the area then use some Neosporin, it worked for him. :)

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Before Nigel had surgery for his entropic eyes they would water and get sore and raw, I would wash and dry the area then use some Neosporin, it worked for him. :)

ETA- just found out today Nigel has chronic dry eye, vet gave me Genteal lubricant gel drops, you can buy it on Amazon $5.00 cheaper than what the vet sells it for. :)

C

Cooper11

ETA- just found out today Nigel has chronic dry eye, vet gave me Genteal lubricant gel drops, you can buy it on Amazon $5.00 cheaper than what the vet sells it for. :)

Nice to know!!! I have just been washing and then putting gold bond on his eye wrinkle and his eye waters so much I have to put more gold bond on after like a minute...his is raw and I am hoping to not have to get surgery....did any of the drops work for you???

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Well, Nigel was diagnosed with dry eye only yesterday, so we just started using the eye drops. I wouldn't use Gold Bond on his face, the menthol may be part of the cause of his watery eyes, try corn starch or talcum powder instead. Does your dog have entropic eyes?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=4263]rainyruth[/MENTION]...... We were using an otc eye drop on HRH but her vet put her on Optimmune gel. Drops are a stop gap effort to lube the eye whereas Optimmune encourages the tear duct produce tears to lubricate the eye. Princess Gracie has been taken off of the enthopian surgery list because the Optimmune is working so well. A $38 tube lasts about 2 months because you use so little each day.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am having optimmune compuonded into a drop rather than gel, I will let you all know how it works. Should be getting it this week.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online