Our poor Tucker

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
So happy to hear that he is coming home!!

:laugh: typical bully

great news!!! and I agree why is it that when we are frantic when our babies have surgeries all the nurses and the vets get to spoil them!!! so happy that things went well!!!! :) can't wait for pictures!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
So were sitting patiently waiting for the call to go pick him up. They said hes been the star of the hospital with tons of visitors from all the departments there - just what we needed his ego to get bigger as he already thinks hes a superstar and everyone should pet/see him.

They also told her his larinks ( sp? ) looks like it might be a bit saggy, but he could grow out of that and they left it alone, just wanted us to keep an eye on it. All his blood work, heart/ lung checks all checked out great! So im hoping hes on the mend, and we will have a healthy/happy bully for many years to come.

I will get some pictures posted up of him ASAP, I hobby in photography, so I already have a million pics of the meatball.

I am so happy to hear that he is doing so well. We had Tubs neutered a year ago and I was so nervous to leave him. I can't imagine what you are going through with all of this! The ego thing is definitely a bulldog thing! LOL My brother lives in Alaska and we went there to visit him 2 Christmases ago, around the time we could have brought Tubs home. Our breeder was gracious enough to keep him a couple more weeks until we got back. All of his brothers already went their new homes, but she had another litter boxer puppies still at home. She said she would take Tubs to the vet with her when she took the other puppies for their check ups and everyone loved him!

We can't wait for more updates on his recovery and the pictures!!!!!

BTW: the correct spelling is larynx. Sorry, I am a speech-language pathologist, a hazard of the profession! :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
What a horrible experience go go through. So glad you were there when it happened and that Tucker will be on the mend now. A squirt of Lemon juice will break up them phelm, of course not in the case, but just so you know I wanted to through that out there for you. I too will be looking forward to pictures.

:welcome: to EBN too....so glad you found us here!! Kisses to Tucker. :heart:

OP
T

Tucker

Apr 13, 2012
Ingersoll ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
So a little update,

We got a call from the animal hospital earlier this morning. Not a good call.

Aparently early this morning tucker developed some issues breathing, his breathing became harder and his tempature spiked up. The placed tucker into a oxygen box, and gave him some antibiotics to try and help fight the fever. He had also started regurgitation food and liquids.

They called us to the clinic ( which is over an hour away ) to come and explain to us what was going on. Tucker has developed aspartis pnemonia ( excuse my spelling ) and has also seemed to get a infection of some sort. They have him in puppy ICU and doing whatever they can.

Not the phone call we were expecting this morning, we are home now ( without tucker ) waiting patiently for the call to come in to update on us on his condition. The hardest part of the whole ordeal was when the doctor ( who is an amazing young women ) asked us about recesitating him if needed and our wishes. There is no questions on what we want done - we want them to do whatever they can, at whatever cost to help our poor little meatball.

We got to see him for a few minutes in the oxygen tank, and it was heartbreaking... he was sitting there with the saddest look in his eyes barely able to even realize whats going on.

I havent had a chance to get pics up, I will try later on today, sorry for all those who are waiting to see pics of our little guy.

I just want my doggy to come home... i feel like a blubber child at 34 years old, it tears on my heart and hes only been part of our life for a month.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
It's hard to find anything to say, but my heart goes out to you. Stay strong and he'll be fine.

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
So a little update,

We got a call from the animal hospital earlier this morning. Not a good call.

Aparently early this morning tucker developed some issues breathing, his breathing became harder and his tempature spiked up. The placed tucker into a oxygen box, and gave him some antibiotics to try and help fight the fever. He had also started regurgitation food and liquids.

They called us to the clinic ( which is over an hour away ) to come and explain to us what was going on. Tucker has developed aspartis pnemonia ( excuse my spelling ) and has also seemed to get a infection of some sort. They have him in puppy ICU and doing whatever they can.

Not the phone call we were expecting this morning, we are home now ( without tucker ) waiting patiently for the call to come in to update on us on his condition. The hardest part of the whole ordeal was when the doctor ( who is an amazing young women ) asked us about recesitating him if needed and our wishes. There is no questions on what we want done - we want them to do whatever they can, at whatever cost to help our poor little meatball.

We got to see him for a few minutes in the oxygen tank, and it was heartbreaking... he was sitting there with the saddest look in his eyes barely able to even realize whats going on.

I havent had a chance to get pics up, I will try later on today, sorry for all those who are waiting to see pics of our little guy.

I just want my doggy to come home... i feel like a blubber child at 34 years old, it tears on my heart and hes only been part of our life for a month.

Im so sorry to hear this, ill be thinking of your family today. I hope he is ok.

OP
T

Tucker

Apr 13, 2012
Ingersoll ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Here is a few photos I took of Tucker last week. He is going to be 5 months old May 4th.

Thanks for the well wishes and thoughts... it means alot.

055.jpg067.jpg072.jpg

Attachments

• 053.jpg
    053.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 30

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Thank you for the pic, Tucker's a hunk, stay strong!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh I’m so sorry to hear this. It tugs at my heart. Last year our Jack was in ICU with a feeding tube in him (he grew too fast) – it was so hard emotionally but he pulled through. I pray that Tucker gets through this. Be strong, it’s hard! I went every day after work to be with him. It was tough. :hug: to you both and :luv: to Tucker. I’ll be praying hard for him. :pray:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I am so sorry for what you are going through. He's strong and knows he has people who love him to death. He will fight to come home.

Sending prayers your way :begging: You can do it Tucker!!

Members online

No members online now.