Our poor Tucker

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my what an awful scare! BUT certainly happened at the best of times and was an obvious decision maker for you. Miila too had that surgery but she did not have signs of needing it like your Tucker. My gosh, how scary and of course when they are having anything done we are always terrified but he will be ok. Will be waiting to here he good news that he is home and safe soon. Welcome to EBN. Ad you know we do expect pictures here so dont wait too long. ;) Hugs!

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Hi Billy and Tucker! Sorry you and your boy had a bad scare :( but it's good that Tucker is in getting it fixed now, I looked it up and they made it sound like the surgery was nothing too life threatening, but it's hard not to worry anyway, I know! I hope Tucker is doing great soon :)

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
What a scary situation! Glad he is in good hands and glad you were there to save him! I'll be thinking about Tucker! Pics when the little guy is feeling better!:D

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So glad you were home at the time to save your precious boy. We will keep him in our prayers for a speedy recovery.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Quick thinking on your part saved your baby.:bravo: Hopefully he can have the surgery and be home very soon. Praying for a quick recovery.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hope you find that was the problem so you don't have to go through a scare like that again! Thoughts and prayers are with you :hug:

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Hope all goes well. Waston had the same problem when he was 5months with the cough and gagging and he had the same thing done. They sedated him to look and he had a slightly elongated soft palate and his trachea was normal size. He had the laser surgery to the elongated soft palate and he hasn't had a problem since. Good luck to Tucker.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Buster went through the same thing after we got him. He would cough/gag until his tongue would turn blue and he would almost pass out - I would pick him up and pat him and pry open his mouth It was like he needed to throw up but couldn't. The vet sent him to a surgeon to do the elongated soft palate surgery along with enlarging his nostrils a little so he could breathe better. This seemed to help him a lot, but a few weeks later, he had another "episode". After much discussion, we (after I insisted ) changed his food to a hypoallergenic one. Hasn't had an episode since. We had him tested for allergens, and he tested positive to over 25 different things including beef, peas, grain, etc. which were in his previous food and treats as well. He is 7 now and doing beautifully! :heart: Hugs to you until you get your baby's problems figured out - it is a trying time.

Good stuff, Sandy. As it always seems to be with these guys, it's a "combo platter" of things that can have the biggest impact toward excellent health.

Keep us posted on Tucker! I am so grateful you were there. Bo choked on kibble once as a pup and it was the most scary seconds of my life, yardin' that outta there.....*shudder*

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I'm late to this (sorry) but has there been any news on Tucker? Did he need surgery?

OP
T

Tucker

Apr 13, 2012
Ingersoll ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Thank you everyone for the well wishes, we got word last night that they had done the surgery for his pallet and also discovered ( forgive me igonorance ) some little pockets on his airway were collapsed? Im not really sure as I didnt speak the vet, my fiancee Kendra did. She was just more concered on how Tucker was doing. They have kept him over night to watch for any problems that may arise from the surgery.

So were sitting patiently waiting for the call to go pick him up. They said hes been the star of the hospital with tons of visitors from all the departments there - just what we needed his ego to get bigger as he already thinks hes a superstar and everyone should pet/see him.

They also told her his larinks ( sp? ) looks like it might be a bit saggy, but he could grow out of that and they left it alone, just wanted us to keep an eye on it. All his blood work, heart/ lung checks all checked out great! So im hoping hes on the mend, and we will have a healthy/happy bully for many years to come.

I will get some pictures posted up of him ASAP, I hobby in photography, so I already have a million pics of the meatball.

Thanks again for the well wishes, prayers, and advice. Its great to know there is a online family we can turn too for advice and information in a time of need and stress. We thank you again.

Billy and Kendra

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
What great news about Tucker. Please let us know when he gets home.

By the way, we have a Photo of the Month Contest each month. It is mostly just for fun but the winner does get their bullies pic featured on the home page for the month following the contest.
Here is a link to this months contest but you better hurry as the last date you can enter is 4/25. Winners are announced the first of each month.
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...th-contest-springtime-bullies-enter-here.html

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh im late to this to but im so glad the surgery went well and will await the news of his pickup and recovery. and the pics. so glad things are good now.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
So happy to hear that he is coming home!!

They said hes been the star of the hospital with tons of visitors from all the departments there - just what we needed his ego to get bigger as he already thinks hes a superstar and everyone should pet/see him.

:laugh: typical bully

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.