kaikousha

Jan 25, 2012
San Diego
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thor & Odin
Hi guys!

Thor got snipped yesterday afternoon and he's mostly his normal self, but he HATES HIS CONE. It also keeps getting gunky on the inside even though I keep wiping it off :cursing:
How long did you guys keep the cone on your boys? Or is there something besides the cone I should try? He has the dissolving sutures. The vet said two weeks but he's barely able to do anything with it on.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
My guys never had to wear the cone. They can't reach themselves anyhow. My vet has never recommended one either. Personally, if he doesn't bother with himself I would leave it off.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
I took it off as soon as I got home from the vet. I watched him for a couple hours. He cannot reach that area anyway. He had his snip more than a month ago. It's all healed now so I don't think you need it unless your EB is extra flexible and can reach his privates

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus couldnt reach either after his netuer but we had to use it to keep him calm b/c he had a urethra surgery as well! The cone was the only thing to keep him from jumping and such! :) Glad everything went well

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I didn't put the cone on Gio, when we got home after his surgery I just watched to see how he was and I knew he didn't need it since he never once tried to lick. And of course I bought him a blow up cone for his surgery and ended up never using it!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Boy, my guys never had a cone either and they just got neutered this past February. The didnt' have dissolving sutures, something more like a glue. There's no way Wilson can even reach that area, and Jack my non Bulldog didn't have a cone either. I would take his cone off under supervision and see how he is. I don't know too many Bulldogs that can reach there so unless yours can you probably don't need to worry about it. Just watch him and see how he does.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Never used one..... they could not reach the area that was healing so it was not an issue

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online