Veggies and Fruits.......Healthy Treats

C

Cooper11

SO with Coopers tummy issues I got great advice from [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] after cooper went on the veggie diet she also recommended veggies and fuits for treats... I had given him frozen green beans for treats and carrots but that was about it. She suggested cucumbers, red paper, green pepper, pieces of an apple....... The cucumber I would have never have thought to give him as a treat but when she suggested it I got on and I gave him a piece and cucumbers and apples are now his fave treat. He gets no treats unless they are veggies or fruits. I am happy that he is liking them and eating them because it is so much more healthier than the dog treats I was buying and since bullies gain so much weight the veg and fruit are perfect for law calories!!

I would like to know who else gives veggies as treats and what do you give??? Since I would have never of though cucumbers I am sure that there are more out there that I haven't thought to give him or I think he would like.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Chunk will eat any veggies! Usually it's frozen green beans. If I'm eating apples, bananas, I share with him too! And some of my plain yogurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C

Cooper11

strawberries
blueberries
cantelope
honeydew
oranges
(want me to go on? ;))

:yes:

and can you please list the ones that are bad for them??? I know grapes and raisons but what else??? Seriously Bev thank you so much for helping me!!! I feel good giving cooper this stuff for treats and he likes them just as much. My other dog and my mom shih tzu also loves them. So i got my mom to not give Gracie her other treats and only veggies and stuff....hope that will help with her weight loss also!!

OP
C

Cooper11

I was wondering about the oranges....I will have to get one for cooper!!! :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Chunk will eat any veggies! Usually it's frozen green beans. If I'm eating apples, bananas, I share with him too! And some of my plain yogurt.

aw i was just going to tag you for this thread since you were asking about it earlier it seem im to late :jump:

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]! I was just thinking what could help most and I think apples probably would be it ...

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Thanks @cowsmom! I was just thinking what could help most and I think apples probably would be it ...

just be careful i think i read somewhere that apple seeds are a nono for dogs. but apples are good. actually according to the chart i looked up strawberries have the most water content at 92%. hmm apples are 84% :D

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh! Good to know! I always have strawberries! And yes apple seeds are toxic to humans too! But it takes a large amount to REALLY do damage. I core all of our apples carefully. :) Thank you!!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Abby also eats watermelon, peaches, pears, bananas and pineapple. I give her the last dose of medicine every night in a couple tablespoons of cottage cheese and pineapple... she cleans that bowl so well I could almost put it back in the cabinet.

For veggies you can give anything.

You already know they can't have grapes or raisins because they are toxic (in large amounts) and onions can cause anemia so you shouldn't give him that either.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
just be careful i think i read somewhere that apple seeds are a nono for dogs. but apples are good. actually according to the chart i looked up strawberries have the most water content at 92%. hmm apples are 84% :D

I freeze her strawberries. It's funny to watch her chase it around before she eats it lol

OP
C

Cooper11

[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] is food guru

[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] is veggie/fruit guru :yes:

I shall be :barf: guru or even :fart: guru

[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] shall be the :poo: guru and she might just have to share that title with [MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION] :blink:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.