Veggies and Fruits.......Healthy Treats

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
everyone already put everything my boys eat, so I'll just say ditto to the all of the above, minus the raisins, grapes and onions!

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Well, I wish mine would eat fruit and veggies, I even tried giving them carrots when they were pups but it was a no go. How does one go about getting them to eat it?!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
@cowsmom is food guru

@Twice is veggie/fruit guru :yes:

I shall be :barf: guru or even :fart: guru

@JeannieCO shall be the :poo: guru and she might just have to share that title with @Watson :blink:

I'm nobodys guru. I just don't like to give her all ↓↓this↓↓ if I can help it

IMAG0277.jpg

kkmk407

Apr 18, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman
Do you guys give everything raw or do you cook the green beans etc?

I had to laugh today when i was checking out at the store today....the majority of my cart was all stuff for Norman... My son said ..oh good you got strawberries and i said they are not for you they are for Norman.

Last edited:
OP
C

Cooper11

I had to laugh today when i was checking out at the store today....the majority of my cart was all stuff for Norman... My son said ..oh good you got strawberries and i said they are not for you they are for Norman.

Yep raw with skin :) as treats anyway.... I had coop on the veggie diet for his :barf: so then I boiled a bunch together and made a wonderful veggie mush. Stuff that is in freezer just give him it right out the freezer. I think twice said she even froze the strawberries!

OP
C

Cooper11

Well, I wish mine would eat fruit and veggies, I even tried giving them carrots when they were pups but it was a no go. How does one go about getting them to eat it?!

Try not giving any treats for a week or so. Cooper wasn't crazy about his green beans and stuff but when he got sick he didn't get any treats whatsoever....then as he felt better I gave him the veggie and fruit and he act like they are the best thing in the world.... Or just try different things I am sure they will like something. Gracie was a little more picky she didn't like the skin and it would take her a long time to eat anything we gave her but now she is a trooper and loves everything!!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis

either/or. I have to cook some stuff to leech some minerals out but a healthy dog can eat it either cooked or raw.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank loves celery. I tossed him the leafy tops while I was slicing a stalk the other day...he gobbled it right up. Such a dumpster! :)

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Frozen or fresh: green beans, blueberries, bell peppers or sweet peppers, apples, cucumber, carrots, melon, peas, .... I might be forgetting something but these are what Frank gets on a regular basis.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I freeze her strawberries. It's funny to watch her chase it around before she eats it lol

:ROFL: I witness that and it was great! [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] She was cracking me up! Was not gonna give up! Abby shared with Brutus but he didnt like it. Too much work for him I guess...lol His strawberries have to be cut into little peices or he doesnt eat them! Ughhh spoiled bullies :tease:

wautersa

Aug 28, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelsea & Chuy
I usually throw baby carrots or frozen green beans on the pups food since they usually act like I never feed them. I measure out their fromm food exactly for every meal so I use the veggies as filler for them. Once in awhile I use them as treats, they especially like bananas... don't care much more celery (but will eat it if the they think the other one will get it). I usually use string cheese (reduced fat) as training treats because they go crazy for it. But I'm not too worried about their weight since both seem to get plenty of exercise.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Both my dogs eat every fruit and veggie already mentioned....with the addition of baby spinach and kale leaves.....they go cuckoo for the kale.....weird.

OP
C

Cooper11

Both my dogs eat every fruit and veggie already mentioned....with the addition of baby spinach and kale leaves.....they go cuckoo for the kale.....weird.

What the heck is Kale....see Cooper won't get most of this stuff cause I have no clue what some of it is! :blink:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.