Talkative

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Abby whines at me all the time! She whines if she wants food, she whines if she doesn't want food. She whines if the food I give her isn't what she wanted! And she makes this tiny weepy noise if she wants to go outside.

She has a whole story to tell me by the time I get home from work.

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Rook hardly ever whines... only once when we first brought him home and I wouldn't play with him at 3 in the morning.
He does bark a bit, but its usually a low, under-his-breath kind of bark like his is suspicious of something. He does it when our neighbors come in and are being too noisy or when he sees it's raining outside.
The rest of the time is just grumbles, snorts, and snoring. He's such an old man!!!

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I'm glad I'm not alone! LOL Tank's noise is something between a very loud whine and a bark. It most often times means "I know you are home and now it's time to eat".

C

Cooper11

@Lucy-licious Funny Video.....she was telling you off for sure!!! :cursing: The it was stuff this I am getting on your lap and I might even eat the kleenex!!! :tease: These bullies make me laugh..they are all so alike but so different!!! I am glad Cooper is not the only one he budges right in and doesn't like when I am on the computer. Lucy is so pretty!! I know I know I have told you before but she is....My little boy was like o mom that is Gracie what is Grandma doing :rofl: her and Gracie don't even look alike!!! But to him usually ever bulldog is Cooper or Gracie!!!

Last edited:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Oh yes...here is an example...Lucy wanted on mummys knee but the nasty Ipad was in the way :rofl:

And just like Bo [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] this happens whenever she wants something but wants me or someone else to help her...this includes helping her choose a toy, and helping her to get comfortable in my lap :lmao:

I have to come back and watch this later. It's five AM here and EBN videos are a frequent source of consternation for Mr. Bo. He completely spazzes.
Add to my list:

"There's a _______ (insert animal here) in this house somewhere and I must find it. TV? What's a TV? I am ALARMED...there is a _______ in here! I heard it!!!"

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
lol Lucy sounds just like my baby - that's Nigel's speak too! The chewbacca speak is what I get if I haven't given him enough attention. I'll work on getting a video too!

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby whines at me all the time! She whines if she wants food, she whines if she doesn't want food. She whines if the food I give her isn't what she wanted! And she makes this tiny weepy noise if she wants to go outside.

She has a whole story to tell me by the time I get home from work.

Don't you wish you could truly hear that language? Maybe we do - or think we do. LOL When I was little, all I wanted to be was Dr. Doolittle......

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
Watson doesn't usually bark or whine. When I leave the house and crate him, sometimes he makes chewbacca noises

i have never once heard my dogs whine, but they do bark. they are watchdog bullies. ivy makes that chewbacca noise sometimes on a walk when she sees another dog. her lips purse up and she looks very serious.

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
Oh yes...here is an example...Lucy wanted on mummys knee but the nasty Ipad was in the way :rofl:

http://youtu.be/Oluku0-4wYI

And just like Bo @Vicaroo1000 this happens whenever she wants something but wants me or someone else to help her...this includes helping her choose a toy, and helping her to get comfortable in my lap :lmao:
That's too funny....I'm getting the same reaction from Gracie as I'm watching your video:yes:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy

http://youtu.be/Oluku0-4wYI

And just like Bo @Vicaroo1000 this happens whenever she wants something but wants me or someone else to help her...this includes helping her choose a toy, and helping her to get comfortable in my lap :lmao:

I'm thinking I know where Lucy gets that attitude! :p

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I have to come back and watch this later. It's five AM here and EBN videos are a frequent source of consternation for Mr. Bo. He completely spazzes.
Add to my list:

"There's a _______ (insert animal here) in this house somewhere and I must find it. TV? What's a TV? I am ALARMED...there is a _______ in here! I heard it!!!"

:lmao: Frank is like Bo and your list is spot on as to what Frank will make noises about. And he has been very upset since we have been watching the series "Frozen Planet". He HATED this part where an Elephant seal was galumphing toward the screen...I should have gotten it on video. He nearly gave himself a heart attack trying to get to the elephant seal.

kymmiko

Apr 5, 2012
Blue Ridge GA & Raleigh NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Tilly
Ahhh so cute! Yep, Tilly has different noises for different reasons:

Chewbacca noises are when she's frustrated at something
Double short bark is "You're not moving fast enough, I'm hungry, feed me breakfast!"
Pitiful whine is "I'm in my crate and it's breakfast time don't you know?"

She has a very specific whine when there's a wasp or other vicious bug around. She loves to catch moths, but knows when it's a bug we need to take care of for her.

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
:lmao: Frank is like Bo and your list is spot on as to what Frank will make noises about. And he has been very upset since we have been watching the series "Frozen Planet". He HATED this part where an Elephant seal was galumphing toward the screen...I should have gotten it on video. He nearly gave himself a heart attack trying to get to the elephant seal.

My Mable used to FREAK OUT whenever those M&M characters were on the TV. She hated em -- I guess? Why else would she want to get them? If that commercial came on she'd run to the TV from wherever she was in the house to bark at them.

There was another commercial too for a drug called "Spuriva" or something that had people flipping over giant green signs in their hands. Whenever Mable would hear that music or see those sign flippers, she'd go berzerk. (I muted it to test if it was just the music that made her go bonkers). It got to be pretty funny...everytime that M&Ms commerical would come on, the family would instinctively look around to see where/when/how fast Mable was comin' on in to attack the TV.....

After she was diagnosed with heart failure, this activity made her appear "woozy" after she did it. It was so terrifying to me that someone had to man the remote and mute immediately if either of those commercials came on. I know. Sad.

[MENTION=1462]Biogirl71[/MENTION] - I guess I kind of blocked this out of my mind until you mentioned those seals! Neither Bea or Bo worries too much about the television...it's my computer screen that really gets them going for some reason....?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.