Talkative

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Just curious if any of you have "talkative" bullies?

I know some breeds are more chatty than others (Sookie is a malamute/husky and a BIG talker!) but I don't normally think bullies are known for being a vocal breed. Tank however, is constantly making some sort of noise. He whines for attention, he barks at strangers walking past, he barks at me when he has finished his food and has decided I didn't feed him enough :). He is forever talking!!! Bre however, is quiet as a mouse unless she is snoring or farting!

So...does anybody else have a talker? :D

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH is very quiet. She has started playing "watchdog" if the doorbell rings, but that's a relatively new thing.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bo is known to frequently make this whiny grunt noise - relentlessly too so he always gets his way because the noise is annoying. After a few minutes of it, I'd bake him a damn cake if it would shut him up. The "noise" means (including but not limited to by any means):
"I want up on the couch." (and I'm being too lazy to jump myself)
"I want up on the couch but the coffee table is too close to the couch so I can't get my haunches up."
"I am up on the couch, having jumped here myself but no one is in here with me." (If Grandma is in her chair, he'll sit and look at her while he makes this noise)
"The neighbor I've seen 5 trillion times is getting into her car again."
"I want up on the big bed."
"I feel asleep on the couch and now, I woke up out there alone and I want you to make me go to bed."
"Bea won't give me that toy."
"I'm not giving this toy back to Bea."
"I got my toy stuck under the paisley armchair."
"My toy is under the paisley armchair and I can reach it but I'd much rather see you get down here and get it for me."
"I'm not allowed to leave the porch but I really want to go down these stairs and see that invisible ___________ over there." (insert anything)

That's all I can think of now. :heart: the Bo Meister.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
omg jameson talks non-stop. when he is bored, when he wants a toy, when he wants attention, when he has to go out...and there are different sounds for different things. he has a whine, a bark, a snort with a whine, a heavy breathing with a whine...i could go on and on and on...

titan however quite as can be

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Usko makes a noise of some sort almost all the time, but doesn't bark that much.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Watson doesn't usually bark or whine. When I leave the house and crate him, sometimes he makes chewbacca noises

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Gio rarely barks but he whines if we I take too long making his lunch or dinner, if I'm eating, if I'm cooking or if I'm on my laptop for too long! He always needs my full attention or else he cries! What a big baby! :lol:

C

Cooper11

Yes Cooper is the same...he is a whiney baby!!!! I always know if there is another dog, a person, or an object he can't get he will do the whine thing. If he wants on the couch or if you are leaving he does the whine thing. I can always call it before he does it to. He barks too but now often but I agree with you he is always making noises.... He uses that whine high pitch purring noise (is how I would describe it) :) when he wants up on the bed or if I am not paying attention to him. I like his little whine though! :)

C

Cooper11

Watson doesn't usually bark or whine. When I leave the house and crate him, sometimes he makes chewbacca noises
:rofl: OMG that is right on!!! The Chewbacca Noise is the whine!!!!!! OMG that is funny I never thought of it like that! I just called it a whiny purring noise!! Love it Vihn!!! FUnny!!!!

C

Cooper11

Bo is known to frequently make this whiny grunt noise - relentlessly too so he always gets his way because the noise is annoying. After a few minutes of it, I'd bake him a damn cake if it would shut him up. The "noise" means (including but not limited to by any means):
"I want up on the couch." (and I'm being too lazy to jump myself)
"I want up on the couch but the coffee table is too close to the couch so I can't get my haunches up."
"I am up on the couch, having jumped here myself but no one is in here with me." (If Grandma is in her chair, he'll sit and look at her while he makes this noise)
"The neighbor I've seen 5 trillion times is getting into her car again."
"I want up on the big bed."
"I feel asleep on the couch and now, I woke up out there alone and I want you to make me go to bed."
"Bea won't give me that toy."
"I'm not giving this toy back to Bea."
"I got my toy stuck under the paisley armchair."
"My toy is under the paisley armchair and I can reach it but I'd much rather see you get down here and get it for me."
"I'm not allowed to leave the porch but I really want to go down these stairs and see that invisible ___________ over there." (insert anything)

That's all I can think of now. :heart: the Bo Meister.

:rofl: OMG I a dying here!!!! Funny!!!! Cooper is the same way!!!! Thanks for the laugh Vicki!!!!! :lmao:

C

Cooper11

@Watson Yep that is it and now Cooper got right up and is growling looking for CHewbacca!!!! :blink:

Maybe its a male bulldog thing!!! LOL Gracie doesn't make this noise at all!

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Sarge is a barker, he barks when someone is eating something and he wants it , he barks in bed when he hears noises, he is just a plain old junk yard bullie.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
sarah is not a barker unless there is something outside then she will some. she is a chewbacca bully. she doesnt do it alot but she def makes the noises when it suites her. :D i tell her to stop that chewbacca stuff. :ROFL:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
omg [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION]! sarah is exactly like that. she will just push out of the way or walk over the offending item although she is not as vocal as lucy. thats to funny angie. :laugh:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.