Swimming Pool

bscarpenter

Mar 2, 2011
For the first time Meatball showed an interest in going in the pool. I lifted her in and held her up. We did it a again while she paddled around while I supported her. A third time she decided to go in on her own and I grabbed her and pulled her to the surface. I don't think she can swim. Should I not take her in the pool any more or get her a life jacket for when she is allowed in the pool? I don't want any incidents with her deciding to go in when no one is watching.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh I have some nice life jackets that all my dogs have used for 10 years now. check out (www) RuffWear (.com). :up: Wilson loves the water. I'll post pics tonight of him sporting his life jacket in the water. Emma (my 5 month old) is also taking a liking to water - well at least the kiddie pool.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh yea, just FYI, my hubby’s friend’s friend had a bully they took on their boat. Unfortunately for the bully he didn’t have a life jacket on and it jump off in the water and sunk to the bottom and drowned. :cry: Very sad.

Oh, and :welcome: to EBN. :hiya:

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Mine's a swimmer and I always put him in a life jacket because he doesn't have any fear of the water or distance.....

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We got a very nice life jacket for Princess Gracie at Petsmart 2 years ago. One thing it has is flotation under her chin which will keep her mouth/nose above water. She fell in our koi pond shortly after she came here to rule. We don't know if she can swim because I jumped in after her immediately. LOL

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Molly loves the water only because we try to keep her out of it... Its the bulldog way.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Here's a couple of pics of my guys in their RuffWear jackets. @BruceP jacket for HRH is really nice and the front floatation is what I wish mine had for the bullies. But they're really not in the water long enough.

Wilson
IMG_1622.jpg

He really preferred the shoreline
IMG_1642.jpg

Jack & Wilson
IMG_1637.jpg

Just gotta show off Ace on his last lake trip last year - RIP buddy
2011Summer024.jpg

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
For the first time Meatball showed an interest in going in the pool. I lifted her in and held her up. We did it a again while she paddled around while I supported her. A third time she decided to go in on her own and I grabbed her and pulled her to the surface. I don't think she can swim. Should I not take her in the pool any more or get her a life jacket for when she is allowed in the pool? I don't want any incidents with her deciding to go in when no one is watching.

LIFE JACKET - immediately - do not even tempt fate. My wife had a bully growing up 'Brenda' who was a pool hound -but she was the exception to the rule, she could swim - but I have heard too many horror stories 'My bully got in the pool and Sank like a brick'

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.