I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Biting!!

Quote Originally Posted by LynnA View Post
    but my puppy class trainer said not to because it is seen as a form of aggression to an already aggressive breed so I stopped.
    Huh? What dog trainer would think Bulldogs are aggressive? What trainer would think there's such a thing as an "aggressive breed"....its not the breed its the person/environment that made them that way

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Vicaroo1000;183802]Oh Lily - please be watchful on that pant leg thing. I only had two dogs as a kid and I had to BEG for years to get them. First one got hit by a school bus. 2nd one used to chase me and my brother's pant legs. Fun game right? Pretty soon Dusty is chasing EVERYONE'S legs and he bites a gal who's family is going to sue. I come home from school one day and my dog is magically GONE; fence, dog, bowls, everything. LIke he never existed. Please don't let her chase pant legs.

Oh I'm so sorry that happned.
    Good point about the biting of the pant legs.
    I do try and stop her when she does it. I wish she didn't bite but hopefully she will grow out of it..

Bulldog(s) Names
    Spunky
    Likes (Received)

Ok!! I picked up some "natures miracle- no chew" spray...it's wonderful!! It's safe on skin, cuts, furniture, bandaids, etc. it's alcohol free so it doesn't burn the skin. EVERYTIME spunky goes for my feet I spray this on my feet and legs and she immediately is in interested, this is the first thing that's ever even phased her!!! I highly recommend it.

I got it at petsmart for $6.99

Bulldog(s) Names
    Spunky
    Likes (Received)

Uninterested*

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Awesome @Spunkysmom2012 - Good find. I used something called "Bitter Spray" that worked pretty good too on specific furniture items they seemed to want to eat......but then they grew out of that teething thing.
    Last edited by Vicaroo1000; 04-29-2012 at 12:09 PM. Reason: teething is short lived

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tom Fraley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarge and LuLu
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Sarge loves to chew on everything , he will get over it, I dont make it an issue.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for the comment. Yes, I do walk him although he is stubborn, he likes to run around in the yard on his own so once I put the lease on he is like, what Momma? I can't do what I want anymore and just sits.

I used the water bottle again and for me it works perfectly with him.

I also do alot of training time and play time, which gets the biting off his mind.

Over the weekend we puchased a wireless fence for our yard and I am very excited to start training him on that, unfortunatley because I let him run free I think the leash will be hard to get used to in an area he is used to running around in - guess I better prepare with lots of treats!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

I know it Ashley, he is the first to get pulled away in "play time" at puppy class because he is more vocal. The trainer has pitbulls herself so I'm not sure why she thinks that way. Otis is the best boy and I will continue to give him all my love and support that he needs. I have waited so long for a bulldog, he is my love and life right now - even my husband say's you traded me in for a dog...lol

Can anyone tell me how I can put of pic of my bully and my location like you all have? I have been in and out of profile and can not figure it out.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Spunky
    Likes (Received)

@LynnA you go to profile and then update profile pic I think...

Spunky is doing much better on biting. And she rolls over on que now! I'm so proud of that little cutie I'm becoming a very proud bully mom.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Spunkysmom2012 View Post
    Spunky is doing much better on biting. And she rolls over on que now! I'm so proud of that little cutie I'm becoming a very proud bully mom.
    I appreciate you coming back to update us! I'm delighted to hear that Spunky's unacceptable biting is improving too! Hooray! This topic comes up again and again and the best way to pay it forward is to share your success story with others here. What's working? What didn't work? What would you do differently next time?

This goes for anyone here that's solved a problem. You can help another bully be a better dog and another human be a better pack leader by sharing your experience in detail. *applause* for the sharers!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads