fish food

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
My son has a small aqaurium in his room with a Betta (named Charlie) in it. He keeps the food on the bottom shelf of the fish stand. Well China got into a brand new jar of blood worms and it it all. Including the container. So, we put the other fish food on a higher shelf. The next day she ate a half jar of fish food witht he cardboard container. She only leaves the lid. So I go out and buy another container of food and put it in the middle of his desk so she can't reach it. Well, guess what. She got it and ate the entire jar. But left the broken container this time. I don't know what to do with this old girl. This is all new. She usually is very easy-going. Never really does anything wrong.

My question is this: what should I look for after eating all that food? Is it really bad for her?

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I wouldn't expect there to be a problem... worms are a good protein source, nothing harmful about them.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I am guessing she smells the food can cannot resist...it also sounds like you need to find a higher shelf. :)

I don't think she's in any danger though - if it is not harmful to a fish, I doubt it would do any damage to a dog.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Besides being a new bully owner we raise and show Fancy Goldfish and a few Koi and one Betta. We have a LOT of tanks in our house and some ponds in the back yard. We have a lot of fish so we buy their food in bulk and then transfer to other air tight containers.

The bloodworms won't hurt China at all, aside from if she ends up being allergic or has some tummy upset.

I think perhaps a glass or metal airtight container is your next step. Good Luck!

On a side note..we've decided to change Gracie over to a better dogfood...the Koi are going to help her out by finishing off the old dog food. :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I agree, I think you have nothing to worry about except finding a good spot to store your fish food! :eek:

OP
bulldog family

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Well... Thanks everyone. We've had this fish for a good 6 months and kept the food in this spot and she never tried to get it. Just all of a sudden. (Well, since we got NOrman).

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
Definitely watch for an allergic reaction. Most bloodworm containers are actually marked with an allergy warning. Bloodworms aren't typical worms, they are actually larve of the Midge Fly.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online