Update on Kain - Fromm finally arrived a few days ago...

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Hello Hello everyone,

Had a busy last few weeks but still been catching up quickly on the new posts of everyones.

The Fromm Beef Fritta I ordered finally showed up Friday so I've been slowly transitioning him over to the new food.
2 more days and I should him fully over to Fromm for a total of 2 1/4 cups a day @ 30 lbs over a 5 day period.

Wow 30 lbs, do they ever grow fast... He is now 22 weeks old approx (Just shy of 5 months old).

Here is an updated picture for everyone, I got a camcorder recently so hoping to get some updated videos as well.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Vince

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
Kain is a good looking bully!!! Hope he does good on the Fromm! Zeus has not had a problem with it at all!!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
He looks great! Hope all goes well with Fromm Beef! The great thing with Fromm we can switch freely through flavors...I just found out today that they have 2 new flavors also! I love Fromm and Brutus is doing great!

Kain looks great and he is soooooooooooooo handsome!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He looks fabulous! he is such a hunk at such a young age.... he is going to have all these ladies here going bonkers! Looking forward to your Fromm report!

C

Cooper11

:heart: You know I love Kain! :yes: 30 lbs WOW he is growing fast. He always looks so small though. Cooper is 8 months and 42 lbs so Kain is right on track. Kain is just a little smarter than Coop :blink: or is his daddy just smarter than Coops momma! :eek: lol.... Thanks for the pic I want to see that video!!! Coop loves his Fromm!!!! Although he threw up tonight!!! UGH I am hoping it is from the antibiotic keflex they have them on.... I know it can upset his tummy! I hope thats what caused it anyway!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
He sure is a handsome boy..... Don't transition too fast. ;)

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Trying not to go too fast yep, tommorow will be 5 days and down to about 1/8th cup 3 times a day of his old food. So far going great stools are good too so he's taking to it well.

Will switch to 3/4 cups three times a day for a total of 2 1/4 cups total for range of 30-50 lbs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

C

Cooper11

Trying not to go too fast yep, tommorow will be 5 days and down to about 1/8th cup 3 times a day of his old food. So far going great stools are good too so he's taking to it well.

Will switch to 3/4 cups three times a day for a total of 2 1/4 cups total for range of 30-50 lbs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I transitioned from the veggies to the fromm for Cooper and he was fully on fromm after i think 3 days with no problems....he went from his old kibble to the veggies with no problem either. I think every bully is different and some may take a food charge harder than others!! :) Cooper loves his fromm...I have to hold him back with all my might to pour it in his bowl an my other dog has never been as excited about and dog food!

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
I transitioned from the veggies to the fromm for Cooper and he was fully on fromm after i think 3 days with no problems....he went from his old kibble to the veggies with no problem either. I think every bully is different and some may take a food charge harder than others!! :) Cooper loves his fromm...I have to hold him back with all my might to pour it in his bowl an my other dog has never been as excited about and dog food!

I'll have to get a video, Kain sits at the kitchen in his spot until I nod my head and say "Ok"... One of the best things I did for him teaching him to eat and not rush in. Still no go on getting him to stop on command though, when I reach to remove him he eats faster like it's going somewhere lol.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
What a beautiful boy ....:heart:

I always transition extra cautiously ... i try to draw it out over about 10 days. Let us know what you think to Fromm ... we switched and have never looked back .... it's really good food!!! Also, within the 4* range you can change the flavours without transitioning!! :up:

C

Cooper11

I'll have to get a video, Kain sits at the kitchen in his spot until I nod my head and say "Ok"... One of the best things I did for him teaching him to eat and not rush in. Still no go on getting him to stop on command though, when I reach to remove him he eats faster like it's going somewhere lol.

I seriously think I should ship Cooper your way....he needs some training. I have been trying to get him to sit still so I can even pour the food in his bowl but he gets to excited he usually starts eating out of the container and when it gets dumped in the bowl I can't move my hand fast enough. I have held the bowl and said sit and stay and I will do it for 5 minutes but I go to set the bowl down he is jumping to get it. I can't even get it closer than a foot to the floor. My problem is I don't do it enough and I don't do it everyday. If I would just take the time I am sure he would learn but he is just too hyper when it comes to food.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

That is great, isn't it? We do the same with Banks and Cheli.... their word is 'release' and they run to the bowl.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.