Maybe a stupid question about Abby and heat

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Abby is anemic and that makes her cold all the time. Last night it was a little cool outside and I had the windows open, she was shivering so much you would think I'd just taken her out the freezer. I stuck her under the comforter with me and she was fine, the shivering stopped (that's how i knew it was the cold and not her phosphorous level).

Monday is supposed to be 90 degrees here. I know that bulldogs in general can't take the heat so how do I handle this? If I turn the air conditioner on she will be freezing. But if I leave it off she might have a hard time breathing. I have to go to work and my son goes back to school so neither of us will be here to check on her to see if she needs a blanket or something.

Any suggestions on what I should do? They say it's going to be a long, hot summer so whatever I do has to work.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I agree! Maybe get her a sweater or something warm. Im sure she has some already :love: They also have those cameras so you can check in on your phone or computer! That may give you a peice of mind!

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
I can't believe I didn't think of that. I feel an idiot but hey, I said it was a stupid question if that counts.

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
No question is stupid.....I was going to say put a shirt on her and have your air set at like 75 degrees or whatever temp. she seems most comfy at:yes:

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
What about turning the air in about 80 when your not there? Put a sweater on her at night when you need to turn the air down for you. Just a thought

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
No question is stupid.....I was going to say put a shirt on her and have your air set at like 75 degrees or whatever temp. she seems most comfy at:yes:

Oh yes there are stupid questions. And I just asked one lol I still can't believe that I didn't think of simple things like sweaters and temperature settings!! I need a vacation or something. :(

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
I need a vacation or something. :(
Don't we all......I know I could use one but :yes:I don't want to go anywhere....that's toooo much work :ROFL: I just want to stay home and do nothing but pet Gracie

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We all have Duh moments.....but that's just another time it's great we have others here at EBN to help us out!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think if you set it to 78 deg. she should be fine.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I'm just jealous that my life right now doesn't include requiring air conditioning. Pfft. I hate winter.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.