Question about size

OP
jen74401

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
To me Beefy is perfect but her comment made me kind of wonder. Although I probably should have known not to listen when she explained that she was a breeder. She said her mom dog had pups in November and that she is pregnant again. Then she asks "You want a puppy?" Ummmm, noooooo!

OP
jen74401

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
People don't like to be wrong so when her guess was off it must be the bullies fault... LOL Bullies come in all sizes and some get big early, some fill in later, and some never get big. Princess Gracie is 5.5 years old and 42 pounds while some get to be 50 pounds by the time they are 8 months. I don't think there is a correct weight as long as he/she is growing and is healthy.
How about some new pix of Sir Beefy.??? ;)

581950_277661338986723_182629165156608_645908_1800593206_n.jpg

This is one of them from over the weekend.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Arnold is 55-60 pounds at 9 months I believe he was about 45-50 around 5.5months. Not sure if you have skin kids but people can be really intrusive and tell you all kinds of stuff how you are wrong or what you should do. The only opinion that matters is yours and your vets, and of course all of ours on EBN, lol!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Tipsy was 25lb at 5 months, 35lb at one year and now 42lb at 2 years. She's kept the 42 for some time now. People always ask me if she is "mini". I tell them no, she may be small but she makes up for it in bully attitude! Yours is perfect.

We get people asking us that about HRH all the time too. But 40 lbs is the low weight on the akc standard. So we just say she's perfect. ;)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
To me Beefy is perfect but her comment made me kind of wonder. Although I probably should have known not to listen when she explained that she was a breeder. She said her mom dog had pups in November and that she is pregnant again. Then she asks "You want a puppy?" Ummmm, noooooo!

If that doesn't scream BYB and puppy mill I don't know what does. :cursing: that poor mamma.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Abby will be 6 months old on the 24th and she weighs 21 pounds. :yes:

Ignore that lady. I think Sir Beefy looks amazing :luv:

OP
jen74401

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
Thanks guys for inflating my Beefy ego, lol. He is perfect in my eyes. She said she charges $1200 for the males and $1500 for the females and said the last litter was 7 pups. Holy moly, man, I guess that's how she's funding her kids going to catholic school. I can't imagine popping out 7 kids and then popping out a few more just a few months later. She did tell me as if it was suppose to make it better "I talked to my vet and he said it was ok." That poor baby!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
The woman couldn't accurately guess Beefy's age either so she's clearly no expert :)

Fooey on her, I think Beefy is perfect!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Not sure at that age what bubba weighed. I know be was 16 lbs at 9 wks. He at a year and 3 months he is 65 lbs. seems to be keeping pretty stable weight the last few months. Watching his weight carefully since he got fixed a little over a month ago. They say they tend to gain weight after that. So far..no prob. He does get good exercise daily though and VERY few treats. I'd say and 1/8 of a piece of cheese when I leave and maybe a tiny piece of dried lamb lung twice a week. Your baby is beautiful! Don't worry about the size!

Most Reactions