Question about size

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
I had a woman approach me yesterday and start asking questions about Beefy. She tried guessing his age and said 3 months. I told her that he was 5.5 months and she went on and on about how small he was "he must be a runt" yadda, yadda. Beefy is 26 lbs and I don't think he's too small. At the Easter egg hunt last weekend there was an 8 month old EB there and Beefy wasn't much smaller than him. Do you guys remember how small your pups were around that age?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
People don't like to be wrong so when her guess was off it must be the bullies fault... LOL Bullies come in all sizes and some get big early, some fill in later, and some never get big. Princess Gracie is 5.5 years old and 42 pounds while some get to be 50 pounds by the time they are 8 months. I don't think there is a correct weight as long as he/she is growing and is healthy.
How about some new pix of Sir Beefy.??? ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I really do not remember my babies sizes at that age.... but every bulldog is very different and as long as they are healthy and not over weight --- you should be happy and ignore those that do not know the breed.

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Molly is 40lb's at 6 months.

C

Cooper11

That is a normal size!!! He still has plenty of growing to do so that person obviously doesn't know much about the breed. Coop is 8 months and around 42 lbs. He just started slowing down on gaining. There is a beefy some one got from the breeder I got Coop from and she posted a pic on facebook and her bully is over 2 years old 25 or so lbs.... she is so cute and looks like a pup. If anything if you think beefy is smaller thats not a bad thing either. The fatter they are the more chances of health issues. Coopers mom weighed 35 and I though she look great and looked like a good sized bully!!! Also I think Coop was about the same weight at that age.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus was about 40 or so lbs at that age...It does vary b/c our bullies are finished growing until about 18-24 mnths...Other breeds are done by 12mnths...As others said some are small and some are big...They are grow diff [MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION] and Brutus are 1 week apart and you can see a difference with the 2...Watson filled out quicker right Vinh???

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Brutus was about 40 or so lbs at that age...It does vary b/c our bullies are finished growing until about 18-24 mnths...Other breeds are done by 12mnths...As others said some are small and some are big...They are grow diff @Watson and Brutus are 1 week apart and you can see a difference with the 2...Watson filled out quicker right Vinh???

you're right, look at Biggie Smalls, he looked filled out at a young age. Watson has some more filling out to do. He is still thin in the hind quarters. the front is filling out nicely. It may be my fault because I cut back on his food and he lost a bit of weight and his baby fat but he looks more fit. I like to keep him on the slim side to keep him healthy. He runs around without any problems. Brutus is also very fit and he didn't earn the nickname dennis the menace for nothing, right, snookie? I say as long as they are healthy keep doing what you are doing.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I agree [MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION] Vinh! Brutus is the slow grower :) ...I like that Brutus is active b/c he is fit and muscular (yes I know muscle on bully) :laugh: Dennis the Mennice veryyyyyyyyy true lol

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
he was a chunk at 5 months, here is proof. I made him lose weight since he couldn't really run with all that weight
320762_2589427220033_1385177866_2955223_1023047230_n.jpg

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
Tipsy was 25lb at 5 months, 35lb at one year and now 42lb at 2 years. She's kept the 42 for some time now. People always ask me if she is "mini". I tell them no, she may be small but she makes up for it in bully attitude! Yours is perfect.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.