Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh my gosh poor mama!!!!! I know how skinny they get WHEN they are eating a TON of food, let alone not getting any food at all! The puppies take so much out of the mamma I stress this for anyone who is thinking of breeding, it is very hard to see them that way. I even give sub Q fluids to my moms to keep them in top shape, they even lose weight then.

Those puppies are darling! Almost look like little Labradors!

I am tagging [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
such a sad story but i'm happy someone took the time to check it out and that it wasn't too late. I really hope they punish that man - he's horrid!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow this even was on my local news in Tucson! They are so cute!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
The guy deserves to be put into jail for a VERY long time ... abandoning the Mum and those poor pups!!!

They are all at the Toledo Area Humane Society which is a non-profit organisation .... it has a very good reputation and I think all the pups will be adopted out to good homes but only after they have been spayed or neutered. In some respects its a GOOD thing that they are not true english bulldogs but at least we don't have to worry about them being adopted out to people who are not knowledgeable of the breed. These pups hopefully will not have some of the usual english bulldog health problems!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Go get them Ohio Rescue!!

Aaww thanks @agingermom ... but we know that they are in a good place for a bulldog mix. If they were pure bulldogs with all the problems we know they come with then we would try for them. But to be honest, if the were pure then in our experience they would not be handed over to us.

Hmmmm... how to put this without making it sound bad .... we have had reports of english bulldogs from other places and when we have attempted to get them, some of these places refuse to hand them over because they know they can adopt them out quickly and get more money for them .. to whoever is through the door first. Sad but true .....

These pups are not pure bulldogs and they are getting a VERY high profile so I think Mum and babies will find a home quickly and because they are mix and the Mum looks like a mix too from the pics then at least the worry of some of the more prevalent bulldog problems is eased a bit.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I just read that there are 100's of people wanting to adopt these sweet babies. They will be ready for adoption in about 4 weeks.

Oh, and the guy? He pled NOT GUILTY to abandoning the animals. Not guilty?!!? Your name was on the luggage!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
I just read that there are 100's of people wanting to adopt these sweet babies. They will be ready for adoption in about 4 weeks.

Oh, and the guy? He pled NOT GUILTY to abandoning the animals. Not guilty?!!? Your name was on the luggage!!

I'd like to lock him in a suitcase and leave him somewhere ...... :cursing:

C

Cooper11

View attachment 19602here is a pic from them..i don't care if they are mixed...that poor mama is starving to death

Awww that breaks my heart! Thank God some one found them and now they will find a happy home!! Poor momma! She is so skinny.....I would say mixed also and look at those long tails. Still cute regardless ....:)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
gosh i cant stand reading stories like this. well i mean im glad they were found but i dunno what is wrong with people. how could you just do that. breaks my heart.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.