Opie licking other dogs genitals!

BullyOpie

Dec 29, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
Hi everyone! So at the park lately Opie will become very attached to one other dog, always male, and follow him around everywhere and lick the other dogs genitals and try to hump him. At times he will get peed on because he is so persistent about having his head there that when the other dog goes to the bathroom he goes right on Opie! Is this something i should be worried about? Its quite embarrassing as I have seen no other dogs do it to the extent that Opie does. It never starts fights or any aggression, the other dog mostly ignores him or keeps running away/playing. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I'm thinking that maybe that those other dogs have been humping other females and the scent is still lingering on their male parts. When my BabyGirl is in heat I usually allowed her to have fun with my neutered male dog Louie (mixed breed) (not a good practice as I see she's pulled a muscle and is now isolated from that shenanigans). Well now my male bully Wilson is smelling Louies boy parts and has been trying to hump Louie. So perhaps that is why Opie is attracted to the other males. Just a thought...but I think since dogs are mostly scent-oriented I imagine it doesn't take much to get their hormones going despite what sex they are.

003afe36.jpg

OP
BullyOpie

BullyOpie

Dec 29, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
Thanks for the info, the humping is not as consistent as the licking. I just read that this can be another way for dogs to get one anothers scent? Similar to sniffing each others rears, is this true?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
All my boys do this. Ace, our pitty who recently passed, used to do this to Wilson all the dang time. So much so that Wilson would literally swing on by and put his rear end to Ace. I called it being serviced, lol. Now that I look back though, I think part of it was he was just grooming him. Wilson cannot get to that area like a regular dog to clean himself. I'm confident is was a 50/50 thing. Ace used to get a butterface, it was hilarious! Both Wilson and Jack (non bully) will do this (they're over a year now) and Emma does this too but mainly to Jack. He left, how to do I put this, she left 4 teeth marks on him when they were playing as she grabs that area in spite. :eek:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
One of Punkin's fave thing is licking Stig's no-no area right after a pee. And one of Stig's fave thing to do is lick Punkin's one 'frenchie' ear. Yup, they have very endearing habits.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
My boys lick each other's privates, Mack licks/cleans Ruggles' ears & wrinkles and I honestly think it is grooming more than anything else. Mack has had his head peed on by a neighbor dog, too!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
One of Punkin's fave thing is licking Stig's no-no area right after a pee. And one of Stig's fave thing to do is lick Punkin's one 'frenchie' ear. Yup, they have very endearing habits.

I'm not sure I'd call that endearing lol

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
All three of my boys do this to each other. Well, Oliver and Sebastian more than Remy, but they also do the ear and face washing. Then when they come into bed with us we have to have our faces washed for a good 5 minutes before they (Oliver and Remy, this time) will settle down and go to sleep. Since Oliver RARELY gives kisses, I don't mind so much from him, but Remy would never tire out if he was in a kissing booth and we'd make lots of money... :idea: maybe I should put a kissing booth outside of petsmart or someplace like that and have Remy's surgery paid for that way :ROFL:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
All three of my boys do this to each other. Well, Oliver and Sebastian more than Remy, but they also do the ear and face washing. Then when they come into bed with us we have to have our faces washed for a good 5 minutes before they (Oliver and Remy, this time) will settle down and go to sleep. Since Oliver RARELY gives kisses, I don't mind so much from him, but Remy would never tire out if he was in a kissing booth and we'd make lots of money... :idea: maybe I should put a kissing booth outside of petsmart or someplace like that and have Remy's surgery paid for that way :ROFL:

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] - you trained them well. first linus, now remy? i wonder if cutty and moe's the same way

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yay, my dog isn't the only perv!:whew:

Banks, my girl, does this to our Frenchie and did it to Nitschke -- can't tell you how many times she got pee'd on by Nitschke. When she does it to Cheli ... he TOTALLY freezes in place and will. not move till she stops. Leads me to think it has something to do with dominance, as she is VERY dominate. I never really thought about it till now -- so, I'll be researching

OP
BullyOpie

BullyOpie

Dec 29, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
Thanks everyone! Looks like this is nothing to worry about as it seems quite common. I just hope that he doesnt keep getting peed on when he is checking out the undercarriage of other dogs!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] - you trained them well. first linus, now remy? i wonder if cutty and moe's the same way

It is probably my fault :blush2:

I always go to them and they line up for kisses, and I LOOOOVE puppy breath so I say "Fank yew Fank yew" when they give me kisses :heart::heart:

I think they ALL do that!

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
Banks, my girl, does this to our Frenchie and did it to Nitschke -- can't tell you how many times she got pee'd on by Nitschke. When she does it to Cheli ... he TOTALLY freezes in place and will. not move till she stops. Leads me to think it has something to do with dominance, as she is VERY dominate. I never really thought about it till now -- so, I'll be researching
Beefy will not be dominating my Coach purse anymore, lol

Most Reactions