Silly Question?

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Me again! Is it possible for a white bulldogs fur to get darker in color?? I noticed last night under Winston's neck all around his chest is a greyish color. At first I thought he had just gotten into something but when I cleaned him it didn't come off. Underneath is all pink so I do not think it's a bruise. He does have little cute black spots on him all over the place but this is bigger then a spot! I am probably just being a worry wart but I thought it was strange that it just appeared! Thanks! :yes:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Not sure since I do not have white bullies. Would it show in a pic?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Maybe it's dirt? Bo gets "ring around the collar" from time to time. I gave them both baths yesterday and he just GLOWED. I didn't realize how flippin' dirty he was.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
It doesn't show in the picture as it is very light, I tried to take one last night! Maybe it will come off with a full bath, I was just using a little shampoo and water and trying to wipe him off but it didnt come off. Thanks!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I'm wondering if it is dye from the collar, harness or chain that he might be attached to. My BabyGirl is mostly white and if she shows signs of being dirty it would mostly be in between her eyes! :lol: because I try not to get soap in them. But it would look yellowish and not greyish.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
that is almost what it looks like! it looks like he got died with something blue/greyish...but his collar doesnt go that far down his chest although it is black and his harness is red! hmmmm

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hmmmm... It is not uncommon to have color changes or what I call smoke in the fur, but it is hard to tell unless it can be seen. Bummer the pics won't tell the story :(

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Schultz gets "ring around the collar" and it's always worse on the underside....I can't get him white again unless I do a full on bath ....his furr absorbs dirt and the white is only sparkling white for a couple of days and he picks up grime outside on our walks......

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Hmmmm... It is not uncommon to have color changes or what I call smoke in the fur, but it is hard to tell unless it can be seen. Bummer the pics won't tell the story :(

this is almost what it looks like, smoke. I really wish the picture would show it but its so light it just doesn't show up!

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Thanks everyone! He is due for a bath this weekend so we will see if it comes out! Ohh the joys of having a white bully! But I love him!

Members online

No members online now.