excercise EB puppy

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
wonder if its a good idea to let my 11 wks old pup run up and down the stairs ? to make his legs stronger?
thanks

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I wouldnt...hes too young...growth plates still forming...you dont want him to fall and possibly break a leg or something...my puppy is 4 months old and i only carry him up and down the stairs...not worth the risk imo.

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would not either or let him jump off the couch, if he's alowed to get on the couch. The growth plates can take up to a year to harden.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Linus is almost 5 months and only decided to do the stairs about a month ago. He does this rarely though and only when I come home from work and go up to change. He certainly doesn't run up and down them continuously or more than once a day... so we let him do it.

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
thanks guys, ill stop. he does run like hes a track star though. :)

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
I wouldn't either. When they are young, you don't want to over stress their joints. Could cause hip displasia later. So I was told, years ago, when I ha a rottie puppy. Always carried him up and down.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
We have always let our Bully babies go up and down stairs on their own. In our last house my office area was upstairs and the 3 different pups always went up there with me. There was no harm done; I didn't know better!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
you got the right advice... now where are the pictures of Major??

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Molly has always loved stairs.. or to be exact, the things she finds upstairs (all the kids rooms are upstairs). We just make sure she comes down slow, or we carry her down.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.