Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi all,

My boy Bongo likes to lay on his own and when he is really tired he will go into his crate by himself to sleep is this normal because our Pug doesn't do that? Also he's still peeing and sometime pooping in his crate overnight he's 12 weeks old now.

C

Cooper11

:) well chatty me will comment :) .... Every Bully is different Cooper likes to snuggle and cuddle and gracie would rather be left alone and sleep by herself in her own little ball or in her crate. Cooper loves to cuddle but radomly he will go in his kennel and sleep. So yes this is normal behavior for bullies! :) Also the peeing and pooing can be from maybe the kennel being too big???? Are you getting up and letting him out to go potty or is he whining to get out to go? Cooper had his accident in the kennel more pee than :poo: but when the :poo: accident came UGH It would be all over. I don't know why they feel the need to roll in it and get it all over the crate. Cooper would have random accidents like I said until he was around 4 or 5 months I think. He didn't have many but they would happen here and there. Sometimes them being my fault and not hearing him whine to get out. Coop is now almost 8 months and I can trust him enough to roam the house. He is rarely crated and hasn't been for 3 months now. He sleeps with us in our bed too. If I am leaving for a long time I will crate him cuz who knows what the little booger would find and get into! Gracie also is a free roamer. My mom just started letting her run the house about a month ago. And she will leave her for long amount of time!

So Yes your Pup is normal!! Just a normal stubborn do what he wants bully! :blink:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Ftse was not a cuddly puppy at all when we brought him home unlike our pugs that we had previously, but now at age 22 weeks he is beginning to like a cuddle but when he wants to sleep he goes off to his crate as he still sleeps in it at night as I dont think I could trust him as he is still trying to bite the furniture and I don't know what I would get up to in the morning.
Ftse really like's his own bed a lot and often just snuggles up on it.
br 144.jpg

Howardsmom

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Howard
I think it's normal behavior - every dog is different. Howard just likes to know we are around - he doesn't necessarily need to cuddle. Of course I want him to lol. He is 13 weeks old so very close to Bongo in age. He will go in his crate to sleep if he is very tired and my boys are being loud. He will also go in the crate to sleep if I am not home. My husband says he mopes around the house looking for me and then gives up and goes to his crate to sleep (this makes me feel very good!). Howard sleeps in the bed with us and has since we brought him home at 6 weeks. He had a few pee accidents (never poo) but that was because we didn't wake up to let him out. We have been getting up with him at least once a night until this past week. All of a sudden he started sleeping through the night! It's been amazing. He is big though - over 22 pounds and I think that has something to do with it. I think once they get bigger, their bladder is larger and can hold it longer. I think Mr. Bongo just needs some time!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
He is still a baby. Have you tried closing his crate during the time you would prefer him not to go in there? Might help, but there is nothing wrong with him. Would love to see a new pic of your baby. ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My Banks was and still is the same way.... she prefers to be left alone when sleeping. if she is in bed with us and we touch her ... she will get up and move to the end so we can't reach her.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
All of our bullies are different ... Maggie will touch and cuddel but ONLY on her terms and it is VERY rare. However she sleeps with us and a part of her has to be in contact with me ...even if it's just a foot which is quite funny.

Daddy is in between ........

Linus has to be joined at the hip!! :luv:

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Kain is about 17 or 18 weeks old now starting to switch to months aww :(

Anyway he LOVES to cuddle and always wants to be with us but if we're busy or it's 9:30 pm it's time for bed and he goes to his kennel instead. He actually goes to his kennel before laying in his big kong bed, the bed is very under used so far.

As for peeing etc we take him out at 6:30am and pretty much every 2hrs all day long so we have zero accidents, at night kennel at 9:30pm until 6:30am again he's been this way since 10 weeks with not even one accident in the kennel so I can't help much on that sorry. Would more consistent daytime breaks show him the kennel is not a bathroom, is it to big were he finds it ok to use as a bathroom?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bullymommy55

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Star
All bullies are different for sure, Star lays down and sleeps wherever we are at, she never wants to be alone. She was like that as a puppy too. As far as going potty in the crate, she never did. I really never gave her time to. We were on a very tight schedule everyday and everynight. As soon as I heard her move or start to cry in the middle of the night we went outside, and did that for a while, so maybe thats why i got lucky? By 10 weeks she was potty trained, maybe try giving less room the in crate or take him out out 1 more time before bed?

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
My Gracie likes to nap in her bed or right at your feet :yes: She does not get to sleep in our room until my husband goes to work :cursing: because she snores to load :confused:I told him she snores just as loud as he does :yes4: he doesn't believe me:nope:

Most Reactions

Members online