Another great class!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Stupid iPad: title: ANOTHER GREAT CLASS

We just got home from Tubs' 3rd obedience class! During the class, Pete (the trainer), singled out Tubs to say how well he is doing! He went on to say what a bad rap bulldogs get! I wanted to go hug him! I think the other class we were involved in needs to go out of business because the picked on hm all the time! This is so worth the hour drive up and hour drive back!

Yesterday, we took Tubs for an outing and a little girl (2or3) yelled "puppy" and came running up to Tubs and wrapped her arms around his neck and squeezed him tight. He was so good and just sat there. I was telling the therapy dog trainer this and he said what a great therapy dog he would be before he knew that, that was our goal! When I told him this he was happy that Tubs would be in his class after he finishes basic obedience! He also told me that he tells everyone about Tubs and his name!!!!

Last edited:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Re: Another get class!

Yay! Kudos for being a persistent mom and finding a better class for cute Tubs. The trainer sounds like a keeper!

G'luck Tubs, can't wait to see you holding that certification paper! :D

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
awe... So good to be in the right place I bet. Still dont know how anyone could pick on him. :( What a good boy!

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Thanks so much everyone. We took a walk around a lake today and someone sitting on a bench called us over because he wanted to see Tubs. He is such a good boy! Now he is snoring away at my feet!

TrickDogTrainer

Aug 23, 2011
Titusville, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Riddick
Great job Tubs! Another well-trained bully in the making! I'm so glad you found a good trainer that will work with you and not against you. I've been a trainer for many years and the one thing I hate hearing is - "This breed is stubborn!" or just "YOUR dog is stubborn!" To me this is the biggest cop-out. I always say that those sayings just tell me that this animal is intelligent, an independent thinker and a dog that is willing to think outside the box. Those are all good things in my eyes. See, it's all in how you interprut the behavior I guess, and you will be blessed if you find a trainer that thinks this way.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Yay ... go tubs!!! :up:

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Awww, he's going to be a therapy dog? That's so great! Seriously, the joy therapy dogs bring to seniors is just amazing :) Every so often we have a little poodle mix something that comes into the facility and thr residents just loooove her. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
YEAH!!! Go Tubs.... such great news. it is an awesome feeling when you find the right trainer

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.