Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi all,

Bongo is now 12 weeks old and sleeps a lot what is normal for puppies in your experience? I would say Bongo probably sleeps 16 to 18 hours a day will this change if so what are you seeing now and through the growth of you Bulldogs?

C

Cooper11

Every pup is different. Coop and Gracie are almost 8 months and Cooper sleeps WAY more than gracie. SO your pup is fine. I think they may be like kids too....have growth spurts and thats when they sleep more. I notice Cooper does have days he sleeps most the day. Coop just loves his sleep! :yes:

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Tubs is 18 months old and he will sleep if I don't engage him in an activity. Some days are longer than others. If he has an active day he will tend to sleep more the next day. Yesterday we went out for an outing and today he has been sleeping most of the day. I think your baby is just fine. I think it is the same with skin babies. I slept all the time as a baby and I was blessed with a little one who took 1-20min nap a day from the time I brought her home form the hospital and fought to go to bed, so I took her naps away at 10 months old to get her to sleep at night (that didn't work either....lol). Some like to sleep (me and Tubs). And others don't (my daughter)! :-)

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Puppies sleep a ton! Looking back I always laugh & say Penny was storing up her energy! She's anything but lazy now.

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Pretty normal at that rate especially if nothing of interest is going on. I can wake Kain up from dead sleeps to train and do stuff and if I lift him up to sit with him he's snoring with his eyes open very quickly again lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TrickDogTrainer

Aug 23, 2011
Titusville, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Riddick
Hi Frank,They say that the average amount of sleep for a puppy around his age is 16 hours a day. I call this "Sleepy Puppy Phase". So it seems Bongo is right on target. In a month or so though, Bongo is going to start getting up more and becoming more lively, so enjoy this sleepy ball of wrinkles now, because soon the honeymoon will be over!

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
Zeus is 11 weeks old and he sleeps about 16-18 hours a day. I think that is pretty normal for these babies!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Probably 16-18 hours a day...less if there is activity going on around them. Banks is 6 and she sleeps about 14-16 hours a day

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Seems about normal to me too ... and then they get all bouncy ... and then they revert back. Maggie's favorite place in the whole world is our bed. She could probably live on our bed ... if we brought her food and water up. Then all she would really need to do is get up to pee and poop occasionally. That would be her idea of bully heaven.

Daddy is an Olde English and just has a lot more energy .. he's approx 1 1/2 now and I have already started to see more of a slow down. He is gradually becoming more of a couch potato.

Linus is almost five months and he only has two speeds right now ...... bouncing off the walls or comatose!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.