We are still here!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
It seems like I post a lot of threads like this, but we are still here! A lot has been going on and I just haven't been ale to find the time to stop by to say hi! We have had some new changes and some very sad news.

New, I left my job working at the school and now I am working full-time doing speech therapy for Early Intervention. I picked up a full caseload from a girl who broke her wrist. Only problem is she works over an hour away from where I live, so the driving has been very difficult. I just finished that "project" and I am hoping to pick up more cases in my area. We will see.

New with Tubs: after looking around we finally decided on a new school for Tubs. Again, it is an hour away ( in a different direction from my work cases), but this was a great decision! This guy is amazing and the first night we walked out of class my daughter and I both looked at each other and said how much better this class was than the one we attended closer to home that yelled at me for getting out of line to get Tubs a drink of water. This guy is very knowledgeable of all breeds and reminded me to make sure I bring water or a squirt bottle for him when it starts to get hot. Even though I already knew this, it was nice that he did too! Another great thing is.....Tubs doesn't get picked on! That is all they did at the other class we were taking. So, the drive is sooooooo worth it! We have 6 more weeks of basic obedience class and then we are going to start his therapy dog classes.

Now to our sad news, my parents beautiful yellow lab, Sadie, past away this past Monday. It has been very hard for all of us. My dad told us that he was going to have to put ther down and last weekend he decided he had to take her Monday at 5:30. We were all trying to come to terms with losing her, but it was very hard. She was 13 and only 8 months older than my daughter. They grew up together since I lived with my parents until my daughter was 7 and we go over there several times a week. My daughter was very upset Sunday night, so I let her stay home from school. I had to work a couple of hours in the morning and then I was going to get my daughter so we could say our final good byes before my dad had to take her. Unfortunately, I got a phone call from my dad and I could hear in his voice that our Sweet Sadie Girl had passed on, on her own. Everyone has been a mess and my daughter no longer wants to go to my parent's house. Tubs has been making things a little easier, but it still has been very hard. I don't even wnt to think what it will be like when it is Tubs' time to go. I am heart broken over Sadie, but I am Tubs' mommy! I am trying to take in all of the smiles and not think about that!

I think we are all caught up! I will try to keep everyone posted on Tubs' classes and his therapy certification status!

Last edited:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Yay @ Therapy Certification. I've wanted to do that with one of these two....probably Bea...she's the less psycho one --- oddly enough. I hope you continue to post about that I am interested in your experiences with it. How it's going and how Tubbs is doing.

Sorry to hear about Sadie. I can imagine your family is heartbroken. My thoughts are with you during this awful time.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
so sorry for the family loss of sadie and I hope it brought some peace to know that she went on her own and the decision that it was time would have been the right one. :hug: to your family.

Great news on the new job and new training class.... best of luck with both and keep us posted

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Oliver takes his TDI (therapy dog institute test) in May and he will officially be a therapy dog!!! I can't wait, I'm so excited to take him on the peds floor where Skyler spent so much of the last year!!!!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I am soo sorry for the loss of Sadie! :hug: to you and your family!

Great to hear the training is going well! I wish I could do that with Brutus but he has some maturing to do first! :hmm: I dont even think that would help!
Thanks for posting and keeping us updated! Its nice to hear bullies helping others :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.