Moving from Seattle to Arizona in 2 months - any suggestions/guidance?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION], [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION], [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION], [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION], [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION], [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION], [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION], [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]

Thanks so much to everyone for all of your kind words, hope and prayers for Rocco's recovery. This is going to be a long haul - and most likely life long issue for him - so I will keep you all posted on his progress, and hopefully full recovery. Just wanted to acknowledge how much all of your heartfelt support means to me during this time of need and support. Its hard to explain to co-workers, family members and friends just how devastating such an illness - or any ailment for that matter is on a bully owners. These special creatures truly capture our hearts and souls and all we can do is love them unconditionally and enjoy every minute we have with them, as some of their precious lives are cut shorter than they should be.

You all have been such a wonderful community, and resource for me as a first time bully owner and i am so thankful for this forum to ask questions, read about other bully behaviour and health concerns, and of course hear the funny stories and see the great pics from all of you! You are all part of my family now and I am so happy to have this site and all of you to lean on.

I'll post updates as I have them about Rocco - I'm not expecting much to change in the next several months - if the treatment is working. If it isn't working - then we see a decline in Rocco's health. Pray pray pray - which I do all day and night for my Rocco angel.

Take care,
K

Oh we are all PRAYING for him..... stay with us, we want to help support and enjoy him as well ;-)

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
I know how awful and disheartening and scary it is, but trust me when I say if it it in fact valley fever, it is wonderful news that they can't even get a titer reading yet because there are not antibodies present. Butler had his blood diluted by half 132 times before no antibodies were present. You did have a great vet and it was very proactive and wise of them to treat for vf before a diagnosis. It makes a world of difference. I look forward to talking with you! Lots of hugs, licks, wiggles, kisses and prayers for you and Rocco!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
You r right, there r very few outside ebn who understand the love we have for our babies. I can count on 1 hand who I know personally who really and truly understands the worries we ave. sadly I would have remaining fingers even. Please keep up with us and vent all you need. I may have no knowledge or experience but am a great ear, as we all are. :hug:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
We aren't going anywhere. Always here, sometimes I can be late though right? tehe. Praying very hard for a speedy recovery

DesertBum

Sep 11, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
Very sorry to hear about Rocco, and wish you both a speedy recovery.!!!

I also wanted to throw out to anyone in AZ or visiting especially with monsoons happening, keep an eye out in the evenings and early mornings for those darn colorado river toads. They will kill even a big dog. We have found 3 of them in our yard this season. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_River_toad

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Very sorry to hear about Rocco, and wish you both a speedy recovery.!!!

I also wanted to throw out to anyone in AZ or visiting especially with monsoons happening, keep an eye out in the evenings and early mornings for those darn colorado river toads. They will kill even a big dog. We have found 3 of them in our yard this season. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_River_toad

Wow, that's really sad but good information to know.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online