Moving from Seattle to Arizona in 2 months - any suggestions/guidance?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh No! I'm shocked and sooo saddened by this news! We do have a member whose Bully survived Valley Fever..She doesn't come on very often but it's @sheila..maybe there are some old threads to help you. What a shock this must've been. And I can't believe how quickly things developed. I remember reading that Climate Change can cause things like this to escalate.

I have to believe you caught it early since the antibodies didn't show up right away. I'll keep Rocco and you in my prayers. Please stay in touch and we o hope for the best. :hug:

@desertskybulldogs..@2BullyMama

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Wow, I didn't know what valley fever was but it sounds horrid. Thankful you caught it early and hoping you will get him thru this. Hugs to you and Rocco!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh no! I'm going to pray hard that you caught it early and that the meds work. So very sorry this happened. Please let us know if we can do anything. xoxoxox.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my wow. who would have thought moving could cause such things to happen. im glad you have gotten him back where he was and it seems since you have cought it early that he will be ok. will be praying for you for sure.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am so sorry this happened to you! Living in AZ you are only the third person I know of who has gotten this horrible disease, I will contact [MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION] today and maybe she can help xx

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I'm sure Rocco is happy to be back in WA. Praying for a speedy recovery sweet boy

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2913]KristinMarie[/MENTION]

You are a very dedicated bully mama..... hugs, prayers and positive thoughts for you and Rocco. I so hoe and pray you caught it early enougha nd he will have a full recovery.

:hug:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh Kristin, I'm so sorry to hear about this aweful news. I had never heard of Valley Fever before your initial posts on moving. My heart goes out to Rocco and you! I pray for a full recovery for him. What a horrible thing to have to go through for both of you! Hang in there girl and we'll all pray for Rocco!!! :hug:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Oh my ... I am just so sorry to hear this. I do remember sheila posting about this with her bully, and the things she did to help Butler. I know that Sheila has been tagged on here, and she's also been messaged on facebook. I think speaking to somebody who has been through this themselves is the best thing right now!!

We are all hoping and praying for your bully-baby!!! :hug:

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
Oh I am so sorry to hear Rocco has valley fever! We have been battling it since march of 2010. I am at work so I can't post much right now, but you should call me. I'll message you my phone number.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
It is fantastic that the vet started treating for vf before he was officially diagnosed! That was a smart decision and can/will make a huge difference in his recovery time. [MENTION=2913]KristinMarie[/MENTION] do you know what his titer ratio was? Butler's was over 100:1 I can't remember exactly. After 2 years it finally hit his brain. Rocco is a lot better off cause you caught it so early and started treatment immediately. Butler got it when he was a stray before he came to rescue and they didn't catch it for over 3 months. I sent you my number, so call or text when you can!

OP
KristinMarie

KristinMarie

Jul 30, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
It is fantastic that the vet started treating for vf before he was officially diagnosed! That was a smart decision and can/will make a huge difference in his recovery time. @KristinMarie do you know what his titer ratio was? Butler's was over 100:1 I can't remember exactly. After 2 years it finally hit his brain. Rocco is a lot better off cause you caught it so early and started treatment immediately. Butler got it when he was a stray before he came to rescue and they didn't catch it for over 3 months. I sent you my number, so call or text when you can!

Hi [MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION] - thanks so much for reaching out to me. I just left you a private message. I will try you this evening after you get home from work, and settled in. If I miss you tonight - I can try you tomorrow night. There was no titer ratio reading for Rocco - "yet". The vet said we caught it so early that is may take 2 months for it to show up. She also said that there is a potential that he will not show any positive antibodies - as some strains of valley fever do not show up on the lab work that they run....They want me to wait 4 weeks to do another chest x-ray, and blood work to look at his white blood count and titer ratio. By then - it will have been 2 months since he has shown symptoms. My vet still says she is 99% sure it's valley fever and not something else. His chest x-ray shows lots of stuff in his lungs. She says it's better than 3 weeks ago - but still not any where near normal (she said about 20% improvement).

It sounds like I'm in it for the long haul. I am willing to do anything I can to help my baby. He has been such a blessing and angel in my life - that I can't imagine having to see him suffer.

I have an appt with his Seattle vet tomorrow so I can begin the process of educating him (even though I am no expert myself) on what this disease is, and how to treat it. My vet in AZ was awesome and wrote a summary of Rocco's condition, treatment, and prognosis for my WA vet - so that is great. She also said we can both call her anytime. I do have to say that I was so happy to have such an attentive vet in AZ. I will be listing them on recommended vets in Chandler, AZ area on this website for sure! They were very very good -and I hope caught this horrible thing in time and began treatment in time.

Keep on praying for us - and I will keep you posted on here.
KristinMarie

OP
KristinMarie

KristinMarie

Jul 30, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION], [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION], [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION], [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION], [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION], [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION], [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION], [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]

Thanks so much to everyone for all of your kind words, hope and prayers for Rocco's recovery. This is going to be a long haul - and most likely life long issue for him - so I will keep you all posted on his progress, and hopefully full recovery. Just wanted to acknowledge how much all of your heartfelt support means to me during this time of need and support. Its hard to explain to co-workers, family members and friends just how devastating such an illness - or any ailment for that matter is on a bully owners. These special creatures truly capture our hearts and souls and all we can do is love them unconditionally and enjoy every minute we have with them, as some of their precious lives are cut shorter than they should be.

You all have been such a wonderful community, and resource for me as a first time bully owner and i am so thankful for this forum to ask questions, read about other bully behaviour and health concerns, and of course hear the funny stories and see the great pics from all of you! You are all part of my family now and I am so happy to have this site and all of you to lean on.

I'll post updates as I have them about Rocco - I'm not expecting much to change in the next several months - if the treatment is working. If it isn't working - then we see a decline in Rocco's health. Pray pray pray - which I do all day and night for my Rocco angel.

Take care,
K

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
prayers are on the way for sure:pray: i hope rocco stays steady for you and then gets better someday. being back in washington im sure will help him heal.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Will be thinking of you both! No, coworkers, friends and family members will never fully understand our special bond until they experience it themselves. I had a gal come to me at work yesterday and she said to me, "I get it now." Why what do you get I asked her. I get it on the love you have for your babies. She's never truly had her own dogs before until just recently when her and her husband adopted two brothers from a rescue at an event they were at. It sure warmed my :heart:

Keep us updated and we will all pray for the best as you know. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online