Nobody but Me

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
I go home for lunch everyday to take Tess out. Well the last couple of time I couldn't I've had my mom stop by the house to let her out. There's the problem Tess will not get out the crate for her so my poor mom has to go grab her and then carries her out to back yard to do her business. Here's the other problem Tess won't do her business she just sit next to my mom the whole time. My mom stood there for 15 min and she would not go. This happens every time. So today I go let her and I have no problem. She's a good little girl and does her business and I go back to work. Now I'm worried Tess won't go for anyone else but me 😊

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?oehhqs

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hmm: this could be a problem alrighty! But you have to admit..she loves you BEST! Maybe if you have your mom come with you a few times..then Tess will feel comfortable with her!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
:hmm: this could be a problem alrighty! But you have to admit..she loves you BEST! Maybe if you have your mom come with you a few times..then Tess will feel comfortable with her!

Sometimes Abby does that and I think it's because she loves me most. Then I have to wonder if making ME always be the one to pick up the :poo: is really love or if it's revenge lol

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
OK, Vegas is 3 now, it has been ME and ONLY ME since we got him. He will NOT go out for my husband!! Occasionally he will go out if my son is here visiting, but never Joe. It gets on my last nerve!! He will sit by the back door and whine wanting out and if Joe goes to the door Vegas runs into his crate. VERY frustrating!! I hope Tess stops this behavior, good luck, I didn't have any luck.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
It does seem to be one of their OCD traits.
We have had similar issues with HRH, but we have also got her to change by just not giving her the preferred option.

Also...she would never go for me. Until one day I was cleaning up older piles...as soon as I'd finished she laid a new one. We have since found that's almost a fool proof way to get her to go. Just clean up old, (or act like we are) and she will go every time.

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Dog's like to have a routine... your mom isn't part of Tess's.

The trick is to separate YOU from the potty equation. I would start by having your mom go with you to take her out. Get Tess used to your mom being part of the potty ritual.

I've had the same problem with my dogs where i'm the 'go outside and play' guy, while my wife is the 'go outside and potty' lady. The best way we found to solve the problem is to use the word "Potty" every time we take them out for.. well.. Potty. They learn that the word 'Potty' means to get down to business and stop goofing around. Now anytime somebody says the 'P' word at our house the dogs run to the back door.

OP
Sybil76

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
She does loves her mommy but yes it would helpful to have someone else be able to take her out. You all gave me some great advise and things I didn't think about. Like I'm the one who always take out the dogs to go potty and feed them so it make since they come to me for everything just like my skin kids. 😄

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions