Howard's Ears

Howardsmom

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Howard
So looking at all the adorable EB pictures on here, I'm noticing that Howard is a bit different (not any less adorable though :D). His ears seem much bigger and droopier than the other EBs. I googled it and I guess EBs are supposed to have rosebud ears which he does not seem to have at all. I know he's still a puppy and the position of his ears can change, but even so, it looks like his ears are HUGE. And I'm sure they won't shrink lol. So what do you all think? Is my cutie pie just not the breed standard? Of course I'm going to love him just the same and I think his ears are cute. But curious anyway. Here is a pic of him the other day on the shelf of our coffee table - one of his favorite spots. He is 12 weeks old. IMG_6626.jpg

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Aww he's a cutie! I heard a lot of breaders actually glue the ears into a rosebud when they are pups to train the ears that way. I think most of them the ears seem to naturally go that way.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
He's got a lot of growing to do before we 'condemn' Dumbo...err... Howard for big ears... :laugh:

OP
Howardsmom

Howardsmom

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Howard
He's got a lot of growing to do before we 'condemn' Dumbo...err... Howard for big ears... :laugh:
:ROFL: I think you just gave me a new nickname for him hehehehehehehe

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Awwwwww... Don't you dare call that sweet baby Dumbo.... :ROFL:

OP
Howardsmom

Howardsmom

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Howard
That "sweet baby" just left a big :poo: on my rug! Which my 7 year old stepped in. Well maybe if I would have been paying attention to him instead of reading this forum......hahahahaha

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a handsome little guy..... not to worry, he will grow into his ears. Right, [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Howard is a cutie and his little head will change several times before he gets full grown, and should grow into his ears. He is such a handsome boy.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Howard has BEAUTIFUL ears!! Wilson's were huge (as were Jack's, and I mean huge). They both have grown into this and Wilson has beautiful ears now.

Today - 1 year 4 months
dee9dd11.jpg

4 months
4-7-11.jpg

Jack & Wilson (big ears)
5-21-111.jpg

2 months
3-11-111.jpg

3-9-11WilsonIceCube.jpg

3-12-111.jpg

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Howard has BEAUTIFUL ears!! Wilson's were huge (as were Jack's, and I mean huge). They both have grown into this and Wilson has beautiful ears now.

Today - 1 year 4 months
dee9dd11.jpg

4 months
4-7-11.jpg

Jack & Wilson (big ears)
5-21-111.jpg

2 months
3-11-111.jpg

3-9-11WilsonIceCube.jpg

3-12-111.jpg

:love: I knew that would get me some puppy Wilson! hee hee hee

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I love the big floppy ears stage! English bulldogs grow in stages.... Next will be the legs! You may wonder if your bully is actually mixed with boxer for a while!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:love: I knew that would get me some puppy Wilson! hee hee hee
He was a cutie when he was wittle! :luv: Now take Emma, her ears aren't so big and they're a bit slow in propping up but she's all legs right now and is quite tall compared to my low rider Wilson at 4 1/2 months.
IMG_1205.jpg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.