Traveling without your Bulldog

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Nobody in my family will let Fizz in their houses! :( So when we go visiting them up in Scotland, Fizz gets to go on her own hols at the kennels just down the road. She doesn't seem to mind it too much, when we phone up to check on how she's doing, she always seems to be fine on her walks with the other dogs and eats her dinner fine (not much puts that girl off her dinners...) . Obviously we'd rather take her with us though.. luckily Matt's family are a lot less uptight than my side of the family, so she gets to come in with us! :bully:
Only thing is, she does come back with "kennel smell" on her coat, so when we pick her up, after the initial hysterical reunions, it's straight to the bath for her - this she does NOT like! Lucky it's not very often, bless her ginger bum. :heart:

Hello fellow UK person .... :D I'm in Medina, ohio now but I think you may be the first other english person I've come across on this site!!

SonoftheSea

Jul 28, 2010
The Netherlands
Bulldog(s) Names
Bono, Son of the Sea
I try to take Bono when I go. Bono doesn't have a problem with staying alone for a few hours. Often he accompanies me when I go "on the road"
His favorite place in the car is the passenger's seat :D. During vacations we'll try to take Bono with us but next year we'll go on summervacation to Italy or France (south) and probably it won't be sensible to take Bono with us :( for such a long trip and those high tempertures. I know Bono will be in good hands because my mother in law will come to our house and look after Bono for 2 weeks.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.