Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traveling without your Bulldog

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Traveling without your Bulldog

Whenever we go away we have a close friend come and housesit for us. I only have maybe 2 people to choose from who actually know and love the dogs enough to trust, sadly. Luckily they both would be willing almost at the drop of a hat so that makes me feel good. I do pay also not that they expect any money but I feel it is much better and safer than any doggy hotel so if we can afford to pay why not?

Fizzpops

Nobody in my family will let Fizz in their houses! So when we go visiting them up in Scotland, Fizz gets to go on her own hols at the kennels just down the road. She doesn't seem to mind it too much, when we phone up to check on how she's doing, she always seems to be fine on her walks with the other dogs and eats her dinner fine (not much puts that girl off her dinners...) . Obviously we'd rather take her with us though.. luckily Matt's family are a lot less uptight than my side of the family, so she gets to come in with us!
    Only thing is, she does come back with "kennel smell" on her coat, so when we pick her up, after the initial hysterical reunions, it's straight to the bath for her - this she does NOT like! Lucky it's not very often, bless her ginger bum.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzpops View Post
    Nobody in my family will let Fizz in their houses! So when we go visiting them up in Scotland, Fizz gets to go on her own hols at the kennels just down the road. She doesn't seem to mind it too much, when we phone up to check on how she's doing, she always seems to be fine on her walks with the other dogs and eats her dinner fine (not much puts that girl off her dinners...) . Obviously we'd rather take her with us though.. luckily Matt's family are a lot less uptight than my side of the family, so she gets to come in with us!
    Only thing is, she does come back with "kennel smell" on her coat, so when we pick her up, after the initial hysterical reunions, it's straight to the bath for her - this she does NOT like! Lucky it's not very often, bless her ginger bum.
    Your in England? Well maybe I might just have to volunteer to house/dog sit for you. LOL

Always with me

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzpops View Post

Hello fellow UK person .... I'm in Medina, ohio now but I think you may be the first other english person I've come across on this site!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bono, Son of the Sea
    Likes (Received)

I try to take Bono when I go. Bono doesn't have a problem with staying alone for a few hours. Often he accompanies me when I go "on the road"
    His favorite place in the car is the passenger's seat . During vacations we'll try to take Bono with us but next year we'll go on summervacation to Italy or France (south) and probably it won't be sensible to take Bono with us for such a long trip and those high tempertures. I know Bono will be in good hands because my mother in law will come to our house and look after Bono for 2 weeks.

"The more you share, the more you have"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads