Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happen to Gunny

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunny Boy, Sarge and Splat (Lou Lou)
    Likes (Received)

Default What happen to Gunny

tom wanted me to tell yall what happen this morning...gunny got up off the which was normail...then he started to act like he had to throw up and nothing would come out so why tom was with gunny I was call the emergency hospital for animals so they told us to bring him in so as we are trying to get a blanket under him he was still trying to throw up and nothing again...the third time he tried he just layed right down and past away......he bloated....here is what the vet that we started taking him to which is 200 miles from us said, ' Joey Gerding
    I was so shocked and sad to find out the news. I'm sure Tom is devastated. I'm so so sorry - no words can do justice for the emotions that come about from losing such a beloved pet. I know Gunny was such an important part of your family.

It definitely sounds like from what you are describing, that he bloated. His stomach likely filled with air and twisted on itself. At least it sounds like things went pretty quick and that he didn't suffer. This is something that you could not have prevented, nor predicted would happen...so you guys should not feel guilty about anything. Please let me know if there is anything at all that I can do. I will miss seeing him.

he is a site that tells about bloat just put www. first earlysvilleanimalhospital.com/site/view/122391_preventingbloatindogs.pml

Cooper11

Default Re: What happen to Gunny

i know tagging sites is a no no but I didn't think you all would mind if they tagged this one.
    http://www.earlysvilleanimalhospital...loatindogs.pml

There is a lot of things in that article I never knew! I reposted it because the one Connie put up there was the google search and it didn;t link it. If this is a problem with having this site mentioned in here, I am sure Connie and Tom won't take it to heart if you have to delete it. They are just in shock and want every one to now how all of the sudden and serious bloat is!
    Last edited by Cooper11; 04-05-2012 at 02:58 AM.

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I am so sorry for the loss that you and Tom have suffered. It doesn't make sense that one minute they are fine and the next they are gone. The only explanation that I can find is that God needed another angel. Gunny's spirit will be with you forever and in time, with his help, you will be ok. You gave him an incredible life and he closed his eyes knowing that he was loved. There is no greater gift than that.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

My gawd. that is a great article and actually shocking as I didn't realize the chance of bloat goes up with age. I am beyond saddened by gunny's Passing and can only hope your loss can be a lesson for us all. Hugs.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

I read this post at 2 in the morning and couldn't sleep all night. My heart hurts for you. This was a very interesting article and very brave of you to share it. I thought I knew about bloat..but I was just amazed at the info here. Thanks again for helping all of us.
    Last edited by JAKEISGREAT; 04-05-2012 at 11:07 AM.

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for sharing this artclle! I am soooo sad about the passing of Gunny!
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Going to go read the article. I cannot express enough how sorry I, we all, for the loss of Gunny. I’m glad Tom was there with him though and Gunny wasn’t alone.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Schultz
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I am so sorry for your loss...please know that I will say a prayer for your family in this time of sorrow.....Gunny will be missed

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am ~ author unknown

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the info on bloat and I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Gunny, he will be truly missed by all who knew him.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Thank you so much for posting the information on bloat. My 1st Bulldog, Sherman got bloat when he was 9+ yrs. old. He was being treated for a heart condition with a diauretic and digitalis and was not considered a candidate for surgery. It was heartbreaking, but we had him put down. Losing these guys is so tough, but it is better than never having them at all. I am so sorry for your loss of Gunny.

Pet Sitter
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
    Likes (Received)

I am so sorry again for your loss. Bloat is a scary thing. I had an incident with Mr. D last week where he hunched over, was shaking, couldn't get up and ended up laying down, and his legs were all bowed out. I researched bloat later and saw this could be a sign as well. I know of 2 other people who lost their dogs to bloat and it was so sudden. (A collie and a mixed breed) I am lucky whatever it was with Mr. D., it did not end up deadly. As your vet said, it happens so fast, there's nothing you could have done. As others have said, it looks like heaven was in need of another angel. My best to you and your husband.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie Mae "The Diva"
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for sharing........you are still in my thoughts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads