Night time potty time solution

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Well Tess has been doing pretty good about potty training. She's not going in her crate and only a pee accident a couple of weeks ago but my problem is now is she sleep with us a gets me up every 1 1/2 hrs to let her out but during the day when shes in her crate she will be in there for 4 hours and not go at all. Weird right?? Why can't she hold it that long at night?? I feed her at 4:30 in the evening so she's not eating late. So today my mom came by to let her out for lunch since I was in a meeting and she didn't go at all so I was for sure to find 💩 when I got home but she did good and nothing. So the held it all day but I know tonight she will get up at least 3 times for me to let her out. And yes she goes 💩 everytime!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Re: Night time potty time solution 🚽

Well it could be a couple things, one she wants the attention at night and just goes potty also, or do you give her access to water 24/7? Which if you do this is good, I do not believe in restricting water, even for pups. But if you are restricting during the day and she drinks a lot at night then that is the problem. I would crate train her and she will eventually sleep through the night.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella

That is weird. Maybe she just likes dragging you out into the night for some fresh air. Raven will hold all day now in the crate, almost eight hours, but at night she gets her last walk at 11 and will wake me at 1:30 and then 5:30. They just love to torture us.

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"

Maybe she is not tired....is she sleeping alot when your home with her?

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard

Well it could be a couple things, one she wants the attention at night and just goes potty also, or do you give her access to water 24/7? Which if you do this is good, I do not believe in restricting water, even for pups. But if you are restricting during the day and she drinks a lot at night then that is the problem. I would crate train her and she will eventually sleep through the night.

I agree with David. You moving in the bed or something could startle or wake her and then she's like, "Hey, let's get up!" Crate training her will give her that "den experience" that all dogs love.

OP
Sybil76

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Well last night she only got up once. So I'm going to try crate time at night she does really good during the day in her crate when we are at work and school so I'm hoping at night it's the same 😊

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zazltx

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online